Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with Loading Presets/Soundbanks in Plugins with Mixbus 32C 8.2 on Ubuntu 22.04
Hello everyone,
I'm reaching out to you hoping for suggestions on how to solve a problem I'm experiencing with Mixbus 32C 8.2 on Ubuntu 22.04. After installing a software instrument on a MIDI track, I can easily open the instrument's GUI by double-clicking the corresponding effect layer box. Up to this point, everything works perfectly.
The problem occurs when I try to load soundfonts, presets, or something similar into the instrument: clicking on the relevant button does not trigger any action – no file selection dialog opens, and no error messages are displayed. This behavior persists even when I start Mixbus from the terminal; no error messages are outputted, even though the plugin appears to be loading correctly. This issue occurs with both LV2 and VST plugins. Also, a superficial check in /var/logs doesn't reveal anything; if anyone has a tip on what exactly I could look for, please let me know.
Interestingly, the same plugins work without any issues in Ardour 6, which I quickly installed to test the behavior, indicating that the problem is specific to Mixbus. In the meantime, I had uninstalled Mixbus, deleted the configurations, and reinstalled the program, also without success.
Has anyone experienced something similar, or can provide any insights into what might be causing this or steps I can take to troubleshoot the issue?
Thank you in advance for your help!