Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
latency compensation in V9
Question 
hello, although there are many topics on the question, I have not found anything concrete information, at least for recent Versions. 
So what about latency compensation on 32c v9 mix bus, for me this subject is vague and not really well defined.
I understand by the logic of things that the compensation takes place on the master and the busses. I can see the plugins have latency compensation (latency is displayed at the top of the plugin). But for the rest? Auxiliary busses? tracks to tracks? I notice latency problems, so I would like if possible to have concrete information on what is taken into account for cocompensation latency.
I would need to output tracks on an external console to bring them back to a bus (drums submix here)

thanking you in advance
Hi matthieu68 welcome to the Forum...

(02-26-2024, 02:25 PM)matthieu68 Wrote: hello, although there are many topics on the question, I have not found anything concrete information, at least for recent Versions. 
So what about latency compensation on 32c v9 mix bus, for me this subject is vague and not really well defined.

That answer varies depending on what version of Mixbus you are running.
PDC has been added to various sections during the development process.

(02-26-2024, 02:25 PM)matthieu68 Wrote: I understand by the logic of things that the compensation takes place on the master and the busses. I can see the plugins have latency compensation (latency is displayed at the top of the plugin). But for the rest? Auxiliary busses? tracks to tracks?

As of Mixbus 32C 9.2.172 this is what I can add to the answer pool... based on my own experience ...
Note: I mostly mix using Harrison AVA, a few Waves products, Fab Filter Pro R, McDSP - and the odd Plugin Alliance.

All Tracks and Mix busses including Audio busses (aka Auxiliary busses)  are fully compensated from the Channel to the Master Buss output.
This includes audio bussed direct to the Master as well as additively via Mix busses.

The only caveat to this (that I have experienced) is that in Loop play 'some' plugins are not delay compensating correctly - this includes some Fab Filter instances were very large delay times are being used.
If I want to do critical plugin decisions I instead select Auto Return and use space bar play/restart.

Track to Track bounce is not totally encouraged ... yet.
The recommended way to achieve that is via stem export / re-import to a new track. This is very fast to do and works perfectly.

(02-26-2024, 02:25 PM)matthieu68 Wrote: I notice latency problems, so I would like if possible to have concrete information on what is taken into account for cocompensation latency.
I would need to output tracks on an external console to bring them back to a bus (drums submix here)

thanking you in advance

Do your latency issues relate to any particular plugin ?
From my understanding PDC can only work for plugins etc that are internal to Mixbus.
If you are using Inserts to send to and from Mixbus to an external device then you will probably need to manually compensate.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
hello, thank you for your answer.
I am on the most recent version V9... Indeed I had several tracks (multimic) grouped in an audio track, but a delay was present, and this even without a plugin.
I so armed the track which grouped all the tracks and I proceeded with the recording, then I readjusted manually by referring to the visual of the old tracks. (Is exporting simpler? I have never yet tried this way.)
Would an auxiliary bus include latency? For the plugins I have not noticed any problem to my knowledge, for the hardware insert the insert window allows you to calculate the latency. However I remain totally stuck on the addition of my external console to make a submix of drums for example, nothing allows me to calculate the latency and the return is totally shifted.

you are talking about adjusting the compensation manually, can you tell me how to proceed?

Hoping that the next versions will have resolved these problems, Mixbus32c pleases me enormously.... updated due to its compensation problems, I worked on sonar before, and the question didn't even arise, everything was compensated, there was no hassle on that side.

Thanks