Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovery help!
Wink 
I was working on an old project for the last couple days, when last night, in the middle of tracking a bass part, it crashed (more than once). Since it was such a long day (7-8hrs on project) I figured I would lite it up this morning and see what's what. Unfortunately, it doesn't open, it gives an error "distance in timecnt constructor". I have tried using a few older backups to a point( I don't want to go back too far, there was quite a bit of work done). I saw post from an individual over at https://discourse.ardour.org/t/cant-load...ile/109421 it would be most excellent if some one could point me in a direction to get the info to repair this. 
Smile

Much Thanks!

[Image: 9srWzDs]

[Image: JH4JWqn]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The error messages seem to suggest an issue with your audio interface, either it is not present or has a sample frequency mismatch.
Check that no other applications are taking control of your interface, or try another interface (inbuilt ?) if you can.
If that does not work I would suggest you send a compressed (zipped) copy of the session_name.ardour file to support: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
Include as much detail as you can about your setup both physical and software versions.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I know at quick glance it looks like the audio engine or interface is the culprit, but all my other projects open fine. I also have opened a different project and switched the audio engine from jack, to pulse, to alsa, with no no change. I run syncthing between my home and studio, trying the same project on, similar (not the same) hardware/software,  starts and ends with the same result. I've attached the project file for further help.

Attached Files
.zip   SPST.7z.zip (Size: 776.25 KB / Downloads: 1)