Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recovery help needed
Hey all, I was remixing an old song. Been working on it for days. As I went to do the final checks before rendering for mastering, it failed to launch.
The weird thing is it's giving plugin error messages.

I closed the session earlier, did the usual update for Arch which I using. Nothing in the updates pointed to audio or any plugins like wine or Jack but alsa had a few updates.
MIxbus32c then said couldn't find certain plugins. Did a scan and they were there. One instance said 'Error', another said 'stale'. These are native plugins for Linux.
I was using the vst3 versions. They were the ones with the error YET works fine in Ardour.

Replaced those plugins with the LV2 versions which again works fine in Ardour and Reaper and the mixbus32c session won't launch.

Like I've mentioned, this was an old session I was working on and all was fine until what was mentioned above.
Other snapshots are so old I'd have to start all over again and that I don't have the time for as I'm on a deadline.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Since your only change was the Arch update, I'd assume there's something MB doesn't like, such as an updated library of some kind.

Possible steps:
1. Is it possible to back-rev your Arch update?
2. Is your version of MB the latest?
3. Ignore me if you've done this: clear out your VST cache and rescan. Look at the plugins in the Plugin Manager to see if the objectionable plugins are there and if MB likes them or not.

That's all I can think of.
MIxbus 7.1.97, Mixbus 32c 8.0.17
Roland Rubix 44 USB audio interface

Ubuntu Linux 21.10 5.13.0-40-lowlatency
(02-08-2024, 01:22 PM)phfactor Wrote: Since your only change was the Arch update, I'd assume there's something MB doesn't like, such as an updated library of some kind.

Possible steps:
3. Ignore me if you've done this: clear out your VST cache and rescan. Look at the plugin(s) in the Plugin Manager to see if the objectionable plugins are there and if MB likes them or not.

Oh, I CAN think of two more things:

1. In your screenshot, the plugin has some bizarrely long unpronounceable name. Do you have such a plugin installed? That points to a MB bug, since Ardour doesn't have the problem. Perhaps related to MB not liking something in the Arch update.

2. If your easiest path is to finish the project in MB, try (temporarily) removing the offending plugins. Then open the session. If it can open you have the option of using different plugin(s), or re-adding them via Plugin Manager to see if they'll work.
MIxbus 7.1.97, Mixbus 32c 8.0.17
Roland Rubix 44 USB audio interface

Ubuntu Linux 21.10 5.13.0-40-lowlatency
(02-08-2024, 01:27 PM)phfactor Wrote:
(02-08-2024, 01:22 PM)phfactor Wrote: Since your only change was the Arch update, I'd assume there's something MB doesn't like, such as an updated library of some kind.

Possible steps:
3. Ignore me if you've done this: clear out your VST cache and rescan. Look at the plugin(s) in the Plugin Manager to see if the objectionable plugins are there and if MB likes them or not.

Oh, I CAN think of two more things:

1. In your screenshot, the plugin has some bizarrely long unpronounceable name. Do you have such a plugin installed? That points to a MB bug, since Ardour doesn't have the problem. Perhaps related to MB not liking something in the Arch update.

2. If your easiest path is to finish the project in MB, try (temporarily) removing the offending plugins. Then open the session. If it can open you have the option of using different plugin(s), or re-adding them via Plugin Manager to see if they'll work.
These are straight up plugins. YSFX for using Reaper's plugin. I think the company name's for the other plugin is VUNN and I use the Free plugin suite. The other is peakeater.
That plugin in my post or those plugins, dunno what that long-ass name is with all the numbers. Even went into the session's plugin's folder to find them and nothing.

THANK YOU FOR REACHING OUT BTW!
https://www.vennaudio.com/free-suite/

These plugins maybe the culprit..
Solved! I had to open the session in Ardour, remove the plugins causing the issue then MB32C was able to load the session.
This is a MB32C issue because these plugins work fine in Ardour and Reaper.

Thanks you.