Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbuss32c v9 shuts down as soon as program tries to start
Mixbuss32c stopped working. Wont even bootup. As soon as you double click icon to start program you can see in task manager that it tries to start and is immediatly shut down. Iv'e tried everything i know. Opening as admin. Uninstalled / reinstall. Rebooted (many times for all these fix attempts) I have a very nice computer that has successfully run mixbuss in the past. I went in and removed previous windows updates. Re installed updates. Tried with a new profile under different name and as Admin under new profile . Removed/disabled all antivirus software. Tried placing licence file in another folder. It brings up the "Mixbus32C is currently unlicenced" screen & i try "continue in DEMO Mode as well as place licence in as new and still as soon as i'm past this screen it just shuts down. I have had Mixbus32C since 5 and have never had this issue happen. Also none of the previous versions will start up either. I love Mixbus32c but sadly i am close to the end of my rope and don't know what to do!
running an I9 prcessor / 32 gig of RAM / 2 tbt SSD as "C" drive / Windows 10
This sounds like some issue with your audio hardware. Is it an internal sound card or something you can unplug tempoaarily (like a USB sound device)?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
audient id44 usb interface
no effect, same result
Does it even get as far as the Audio/MIDI Setup dialog? If it does (and if you see a button saying Use Buffered I/O) try clicking it and see if that helps.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
it doesn't make it that far. That would certainly be great if it would!
(02-01-2024, 10:35 PM)rw1518 Wrote: it doesn't make it that far. That would certainly be great if it would!

Do you have anti virus / security package running that could be adding grief ?
Have you tried deleting the Preferences folder and then re-launching ?

Windows: ~/AppData/Local/Mixbus9 is were your prefs should be located...

https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ser-topics
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
i had MalwareBytes on it but i uninstalled it for now. I use Windows Defende. I have everything turned off in it as well. I have NOT tried the preferences folder suggestion. Ill try ir now.
I tried deleting the preferences folder just now and it did not work. Same result. Good suggestion though!