Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will we get proper information about V.10??
I would like to know at this point:

- Will the prices of updates remain the same?
- Will support for Linux remain?
- Will Ilok come here too?
- Can the Atmos feature be turned off?
- Why are current users who cannot attend NAMM completely left in the dark about this?
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

(01-28-2024, 01:27 PM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: I would like to know at this point:

- Will the prices of updates remain the same?
- Will support for Linux remain?
- Will Ilok come here too?
- Can the Atmos feature be turned off?
- Why are current users who cannot attend NAMM completely left in the dark about this?

- Harrison is pretty good about the cross-grade pricing remaining relatively low (I upgraded from V8 to V9 for only $29.00).
- Linux support will most likely continue. Mixbus has it's roots in Ardour which is an open-source DAW that was originally only available on Linux (It is now also supported on Mac and Windows) so I wouldn't worry about losing support there.
- I don't see any reason for Ilok to not continue.
- Atmos will more than likely be on/off like other DAWs that have implemented it.
- I follow Harrison on their social media accts and saw this post this past Sat:

[Image: fiwetgdmdab2gvgdo9dv][Image: jws8bvofv6yrpcqvsx3q]
Thanx!!!
Juan R Leõn
SSR Studios
MixBus 32C V9, 
2020 iMac 27" 40GB, 2011 MacBook Pro (LinuxMint)
For those who are not into Atmos, paying for an Eq upgrade and pre/post sends (!), even 29$, sounds a bit ridiculous. And I think I always had to pay 79€ for the upgrades.
V9 brought a number of improvements but V8 didn't bring anything meaningful for me, as I'm not interested in the Cue page.
I think the €79 upgrade price is also an annual support fee for program maintenance and development.. It's a great price, but if it goes completely crazy in the future (Like, for example, Avid did). I'll have to reconsider. That's why Ardour is always installed and I support their work every month.
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

I wonder if the basic version of MixBus is going to get Atmos.

MixBus 32c is their Flagship DAW.  Adding the SSL9J eq to Mixbus 32c and not to the original MixBus makes sense.  Hopefully the standard MixBus v10 will at least have Atmos.

Matt
What if there were no more regular mixbus and just one product now. IJs
@Analog4Lyfe
Hi hope that the MIDI edition will be better, and audio follow tempo changes!
I must admit I'm pretty anxious and I was looking forward to seeing something on YouTube during nam in regards to the Harrison mix bus version 10. I guess this is all about the buildup for the hype and I'm sure they'll deliver as they always do. I'm certainly looking forward to Dolby Atmos on Mixbus. It will probably be easier to operate in Harrison than it is in most other daws and plugins. I could go with or without the SSL eqs. I would love though for them to include the SSL compressors at some point.
I too am looking forward to the full presentation. I've been refreshing the NAMM pages on Gearspace for days looking for something. Of course, I'm also looking to hear the first songs tracked on the new console, but I haven't found that either.

Atmos isn't a driver for me, but the SSL 9000 EQ was the only SSL console plugin I liked. I even tried to create a Mixbus'esque layout in Reaper to get the one knob per function. I wouldn't complain if the SSL channel comp made its way in their either. Not that I find the V9 comp lacking, but why not. Pre/Post sends will add some value to what I'm doing now with vocals and parallel comps; it changes where the automation happens.

I'm hoping the annual upgrade price remains near it's typical spend. I treat Mixbus 32C the way I used to treat Cakewalk/SONAR. Pay annually like a subscription with the rights to keep the version I'm on and still get a discounted rate if I'm a few versions behind. Harrison nabbed me when SONAR went away with a discounted rate.
Tech specs: Windows 11, Asus Prime Z790-A, I7-12700K @ 7.7K; Hyper-threading enabled, G.Skill DDR5-5600 64GB RAM, Integrated GPU, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 1TB SSD, Benq 32" 4K Monitor
Mixbus 32C versions: 9.2
More pictures of 32C v.10 if you have not seen them already:

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface