Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to change tempo of 1st 4 bars
I have a song set to 80 bpm perfectly time aligned. What I'd like to do is to change/slow down the tempo of the 1st 4 bars. 
It could be slowly ramped up to the 5th bar or a constant slow tempo and then hit 80 bpm right at the 5th bar.

I've set a BBT marker at the 1st beat of the 5th bar,  set a BBT marker at the 1st beat of the 1st measure, moved the playhead to the area between the 1st and 5th bar and set it's tempo to 60 bpm.

Problem is that now every region in my song has now shifted on the grid.

What I was expecting was for the regions after on and after the BBT marker on the 5th bar to remain stable and not shift or move.

Is there another way to do this? Can I automate the tempo of the entire song to simply ramp or remain at a set tempo before my 5th bar and then change?

IDK but maybe I'm looking at this wrong with using the BBT markers b/c I don't want to align the grid to the content as I've seen in many of the tutorials.
Rather, I want to slow the tempo and the way I'm going about it the tempo is changing confirmed via the metronome; but the actual song still plays at the original constant tempo.
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase
I don't know if this will work, but there is a fairly new grid tool, keyboard shortcut 'y' ( I think ?) That enables you to grab and move the grid. I am not near a PC to try.
(01-25-2024, 11:39 AM)BSchmitty Wrote: I don't know if this will work, but there is a fairly new grid tool, keyboard shortcut 'y' ( I think ?) That enables you to grab and move the grid. I am not near a PC to try.

Yes, thanks for the response. I did try using that but it appears to only move the position of the grid under the tracks. Unless I'm missing something, I haven't seen nor gotten it to work as far as actually changing the tempo. This may be one of those things again where you can't do it in Mixbus Huh 

The BBT markers and Tempo seems to work for aligning the grid with imported audio content as far as I can tell from the videos. I haven't actually seen a video where the audio is imported having a constant tempo and you can slow or speed up sections of bars and I suppose it would be pretty worthless to say that I can do this in other DAW's.
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase
Are you trying to change the tempo of MIDI sequence or imported audio ?

My understanding is that the tempo change ramp etc will only work with MIDI.

I just did a basic test, session at 80bpm, did a MIDI hit on each bar, then ramped first bar 40bpm to fifth and the MIDI stays aligned for me... perhaps I am missing something ?

Session Properties / Misc / Default time domain is set to Beats time for me.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(01-25-2024, 05:56 PM)Dingo Wrote: Are you trying to change the tempo of MIDI sequence or imported audio ?

Imported audio. Audio is 80 bpm constant. I want to take the 1st 4 bars and ramp the tempo from 70 bpm to the constant 80 bpm of the 5th bar
(01-25-2024, 06:27 PM)maestro777 Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 05:56 PM)Dingo Wrote: Are you trying to change the tempo of MIDI sequence or imported audio ?

Imported audio. Audio is 80 bpm constant. I want to take the 1st 4 bars and ramp the tempo from 70 bpm to the constant 80 bpm of the 5th bar

https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...empo-ramps
"Unlike some other DAWs, Mixbus does not currently stretch your audio when the tempo changes. We may provide this ability in the future."
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(01-25-2024, 07:03 PM)Dingo Wrote: https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...empo-ramps
"Unlike some other DAWs, Mixbus does not currently stretch your audio when the tempo changes. We may provide this ability in the future."

Okay..... figured things were kind of heading in that direction. So I suppose the only workaround is to use another DAW to accomplish the task and then import it.
(01-25-2024, 07:53 PM)maestro777 Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 07:03 PM)Dingo Wrote: https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...empo-ramps

Okay..... figured things were kind of heading in that direction. So I suppose the only workaround is to use another DAW to accomplish the task and then import it.

Yes... at the moment.
There has been a lot of work in the BG with NuTempo which is a rebuild of how tempo works in Mixbus...
it is my understanding that audio tempo change is on the road map... just not sure how far away
...I hope it will be first - before Atmos...

Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg