Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selection of several regions - sometimes strange
Hi there,

sometimes when trying to select several regions using SHIFT, more regions are selected than I intend to. Then I have to start with a different region in order to get the selection that I want.

Example:
I have 3 tracks and 3 WAV files. One of them I split using the scissors tool, and I would like to move the one part of the splitted WAV, along with the two other WAV files. To do that, I click on each region using the SHIFT key. However, sometimes both of the split regions will be selected, even though I only click on one of them. I then have to de-select, and start with the splitted region, then the other two, and then usually the selection is as I intend it to be.

Hopefully that's explained in a way you guys understand Big Grin

Is there a reason for that behavior? Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Here's some screenshots to explain it better:

What I'm trying to achieve:

What I'm NOT trying to achieve:

Regions B1 and B2 were once a single WAV file, but got split and moved apart a little.
When I try to select everything except B1, and I start the selection in the order D, C, B2, A, region B1 will also be selected automatically (screenshot 2).
If I start my selection from B2, then the other ones (A, D, C, order doesn't matter), then B1 will NOT be selected automatically, and I have the intended result (screenshot 1).
Shift+click will select all intersecting regions in the selected range.
Use Command+click to select individual regions within a range.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Ahh thanks!