Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Audio on MIDI [RESOLVED]
I have added a VST Instrument but the only way I can hear the sound is via the Virtual Keyboard. According to the manual I should see something similar to this showing my available hardware MIDI inputs

But instead I'm only showing this and my KeyLab 49 Controller is not listed, so I sense something is not right (unless the online manual is pending updates):

I can launch the Routing Grid and see my hardware and if I select it there I can see the MIDI indicator on the track indicating that a MIDI signal is being received but it isn't triggering any sound.

I have tried closing out of Mixbus and re-launching, powering my MIDI controller off and on and tested my controller using a VST stand alone instrument and it works fine. Just Mixbus having this issue. Searched the manual, reviewed videos and this should be fairly simple.

Need some help with this one please.
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase
From your past posts I assume you are running macOS...

Via Launchpad / Other launch AudioMIDI setup and show Window - MIDI Studio.

Your KeyLab 49 should show there as a device. For me it has been plug and play with nanoPAD2 and BopPad, but KeyLab may need an application to launch installers... I don't know.

More info at Apple about adding MIDI instruments

Below my MIDI Studio looks like this... both BopPad, nanoPAD2 (which are USB devices) and EVO keyboard (5pin MIDI via Audio Interface) all appear in my MIDI Studio.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(12-08-2023, 10:41 PM)Dingo Wrote: From your past posts I assume you are running macOS...

Via Launchpad / Other launch AudioMIDI setup and show Window - MIDI Studio.

Your KeyLab 49 should show there as a device. For me it has been plug and play with nanoPAD2 and BopPad, but KeyLab may need an application to launch installers... I don't know.

More info at Apple about adding MIDI instruments

Below my MIDI Studio looks like this... both BopPad, nanoPAD2 (which are USB devices) and EVO keyboard (5pin MIDI via Audio Interface) all appear in my MIDI Studio.
 Yes, I'm on a macOS. Your assumption reminded me to add the details to my signature which I usually do anyway in other forums. I'd previously checked all the more obvious areas when dealing with MIDI issues including your suggestion of the MIDI Studio and aside from Mixbus my hardware is working with every other DAW and on my system as well so it's definitely a Mixbus thing.

I finally got it solved by deleting and re-adding the MIDI track in my session then launching the Routing Grid to map the audio. A lot more to getting it to work than the videos and manual have suggested though.

I believe the online manual needs an update for some of the content as I neither see any "fan out" option that is mentioned in the docs for Multi-output instruments. So guess I'll have to fumble through trial and error for some of the MIDI specific stuff.

Thanks for the response.
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase