Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working with Arrangement Markers
I've followed Nathan's youtube video on creating arrangement markers Here

At this point I have successfully setup my project tempo, imported my stems and sectioned the arrangement using the arrangement markers. But I cannot find in the documentation where it tells how to move the arrangement sections around to try out different layouts of the comp.

I read up on playlists and cues but neither of them seem to address the question.

How do you move the sections around and create different arranged versions of the song without destructively editing the original?
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase
First, save a new snapshot.

Second, I am not at a acomputer, but there should be an option under windows > view list, or something similar that will show a window on the right side with sources, regions, and other tabs. There is an arrangement  tab. You simply drag and drop sections on the list. So, right click, drag, drop.  You will see your arrangement t happening in the edit window. 
Hope that helps. Somebody will likely reply with more details if needed.
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...-snapshots
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(12-07-2023, 01:08 PM)BSchmitty Wrote: First, save a new snapshot.

Second, I am not at a acomputer, but there should be an option under windows > view list, or something similar that will show a window on the right side with sources, regions, and other tabs. There is an arrangement  tab. You simply drag and drop sections on the list. So, right click, drag, drop.  You will see your arrangement t happening in the edit window. 
Hope that helps. Somebody will likely reply with more details if needed.

Perfect, that's what I was looking for.
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase
(12-07-2023, 04:16 PM)Dingo Wrote: https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...-snapshots

Looks as though the session snapshots are only available during the current session so presumably they are gone once the session is closed out; with exception of the snapshot backups. But it would certainly be nice to have them permanently stored with a session as to be available upon opening of subsequent sessions even after closing out the session.
(12-07-2023, 06:11 PM)maestro777 Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 04:16 PM)Dingo Wrote: https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...-snapshots

Looks as though the session snapshots are only available during the current session so presumably they are gone once the session is closed out; with exception of the snapshot backups. But it would certainly be nice to have them permanently stored with a session as to be available upon opening of subsequent sessions even after closing out the session.

The session folder contains the original base session (same name as session folder), then each snapshot is branched under that session.
When you launch Mixbus and see the open session dial, use the arrow to display all snap shots in your session.
I hope I am answering your question...

In this instance 'speed to load' was the initiating session and snap1 and snap2 created from that. It works well for multiple versions of material or to try a radical idea but be able to go back to the basics if it fails.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I show this in the video at the 2:50 timestamp. Smile
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
(12-07-2023, 06:21 PM)Dingo Wrote: The session folder contains the original base session (same name as session folder), then each snapshot is branched under that session.
When you launch Mixbus and see the open session dial, use the arrow to display all snap shots in your session.
I hope I am answering your question...

In this instance 'speed to load' was the initiating session and snap1 and snap2 created from that. It works well for multiple versions of material or to try a radical idea but be able to go back to the basics if it fails.

Thanks that indeed does answer my question.