Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Metronome Plugin For clicktracks ?
I am done with the Mixbus built in metronome to create clicktracks. Just too clunky and feature-poor for me.

Anyone know of a better/more feature-rich metronome plugin I can add in a channel to create/record a bit more flexible clicktracks
Try if that works. I didn't get it installed myself yet, because AVLinux MXE complains about the .deb package's compression problem. I left them (talaviram.com) a message to fix it.

https://tick.talaviram.com/
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

(12-06-2023, 07:03 AM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: Try if that works. I didn't get it installed myself yet, because AVLinux MXE complains about the .deb package's compression problem. I left them (talaviram.com) a message to fix it.

https://tick.talaviram.com/

The package uses zst compression which is not supported in Debian 11 from which AVL-MXE 21 is based. It should work in Debian 12 based distros like AVL-MXE 23 and *buntu.

I did manage to convert the Tick package to use gzip and installed it ages ago but failed in my hasty attempt just now.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

Thanks for the responses.
Indeed dpkg doesnt know what to do with that compression format.
I cannot upgrade. I only do so after every 3 years as my system works like a greased monkey, and I will not tamper with it.
I am now on MX21 and will be at MX21 for 2 more years.

I will have to figure out a way to recreate a deb after decompressing it. Can be done of course, but I will have to figure out the elbow grease.

The deb file contains the file control.tar.zst
after decompressing it with unstd, there does not seem to be a VST available, but it is probably binary coded and only available after install with dpkg or gdebi.

So I am forced to recreate a DEB file with different compression so dpkg can read it.
These attempts all failed.

Anyone know of a good Windows metronome VST ?
It is easy for me to convert most of the windows VSTs to Linux versions.
It is just a lot of work to try all of them found in a websearch so I ask if anyone used one successfully and likes it. 
It will save me a lot of time so I dont have to sift through all of them.

Thanks
i use the MB32C metronome with samples and record it to an empty track to create/mutilate =) What exactly are you trying to accomplish that isn't working for you?