Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disable autoconnection of Inputs
In Ardour there is a setting to disable the automatic connection of physical inputs to channel strips. I don't find it in Mixbus. 
Am I blind or is this suppressed in Mixbus?
I would like to disable it because I use some of the physical ports as inserts and if they are already connected to a channel, feedback is the result...
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Interesting... Ardour and Mixbus both use a file called config and I noticed some lines near the top that looked relevant - i.e.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Ardour>
  <Config>
    <Option name="auto-connect-standard-busses" value="1"/>
    <Option name="output-auto-connect" value="AutoConnectMaster"/>
    <Option name="input-auto-connect" value="AutoConnectPhysical"/>

So I figured I'd launch Ardour and find out how to change the input-auto-connect setting but I can't find where to change it  Sad  Whereabouts can you change it in Ardour?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Settings -> Signal Flow ->Connect track inputs And there you can choose if you want to do this automatically or manually.
It might work for mixbus to change the settig in the file.
I'll try...
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Ah, got it... it looks like Ardour changes the relevant line to say this:-

Code:
<Option name="input-auto-connect" value=""/>

Let us know if it works !
Leaving it empty works as expected.
However, it would be interesting, why this option is suppressed in mixbus?
Yeah, I wonder if there's a reason why it's missing in Mixbus? Maybe @Nathan or @Ben might know.