Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FR for Ctrl+click send to also work in mixbuses
A simple, small feature request:

When sending a track to a mixbus, I have a habit of clicking Ctrl+left mouse button, so that the track I'm sending to mixbus 1 is automatically removed from sending to master (for instance).
It's a quick, small thing that's good for workflow.

However, Ctrl+click on a send does nothing in the mixbuses. Only adds the send you're adding, doesn't remove the other ones.
My request is simply to make it work in the mixbuses as it does on the tracks. 

Not only will it improve workflow, it will also avoid the confusion of why a mixbus sends both to master and mixbus 9 (because I forgot that I manually had to remove the master send).
(11-22-2023, 05:00 AM)krans Wrote: A simple, small feature request:

When sending a track to a mixbus, I have a habit of clicking Ctrl+left mouse button, so that the track I'm sending to mixbus 1 is automatically removed from sending to master (for instance).

However, Ctrl+click on a send does nothing in the mixbuses. Only adds the send you're adding, doesn't remove the other ones.

Not only will it improve workflow, it will also avoid the confusion of why a mixbus sends both to master and mixbus 9 (because I forgot that I manually had to remove the master send).

I can see it both ways.  buses 1-8 receive groups of tracks that need to go to the Master bus but maybe you are using buses 9-12 for fx so I usually retain 1-8 going tot he Master.  In your specific workflow maybe you are sending a group of tracks to 1-8 and then sending a few of those buses to be summed in Mixbus 9 for example.  I don't see why this wouldn't work and couldn't trivially be  added.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
If the request is just to make the mixbuses work like the tracks then I guess I would agree with the change.

However, remember, that the CNTL (on the tracks) acts as an EXCLUSIVE selection action.
By this, I mean, it not only removes the route to the Master bus, but it also CANCELS any other send that is currently selected.
When I first experienced this I made a note to myself NOT to ever use the CNTL here because it would really screw up a multiple mixbus assignment especially with groups enabled!
Just my 2-cents.

Cheers!
Patrick
(11-22-2023, 02:10 PM)PBuryk Wrote: If the request is just to make the mixbuses work like the tracks then I guess I would agree with the change.

However, remember, that the CNTL (on the tracks) acts as an EXCLUSIVE selection action.
By this, I mean, it not only removes the route to the Master bus, but it also CANCELS any other send that is currently selected.
When I first experienced this I made a note to myself NOT to ever use the CNTL here because it would really screw up a multiple mixbus assignment especially with groups enabled!
Just my 2-cents.

Cheers!
Patrick

Agreed... sometimes adding a well intentioned 'time saving feature' can be the cause of a lot of lost time.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
My 2 cent of opinion on that: I am generally doing my routing one step by the other (exccept that initial one when creating tracks that I do with cntl), as it takes less time to think once while doing the routing than finding any errors after a while of mixing. For me the feature would be not very interesting. For my workflow the mixbuses could even be "hard wired" to the master bus, as I use them only as subgroups. If I need a bus that does not go on the master, I will probably create one standard-bus and order it where to a dedicated section in my mixer. So workflows are different from each other I think Big Grin
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
Listen, buddies.
The Ctrl+click is a feature that's already there on track level.
You really don't have to use it, I just happen to like it.
My request is that the same small feature does its thing also on mixbus level, as the send sections on track level and mixbus level appear really quite similar.
You wouldn't have to use it on mixbus level either.

I just think it's a bit incosistent that the feature works on one send section and not the other one.
(11-22-2023, 05:00 AM)krans Wrote: A simple, small feature request:

i join this feature request, i'd welcome this a lot.. 
I thought this was already working like OP explained, but it turns out the opposite.. 
Thanks
Yes, I assumed this was already working, as you expected it to Smile

It's on my TODO list for the next update.
(11-27-2023, 08:45 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Yes, I assumed this was already working, as you expected it to  Smile

It's on my TODO list for the next update.

Great, thanks!  Heart