Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mixbus 9+9 plugins also usable in 32C?
Hi there,

as already mentioned in a different thread, I'm toying with the idea of purchasing a Mixbus license additionally to my 32C license, just to have both versions available whenever I feel like using one or the other.

Now the question: There is currently the "9+9" offer which is pretty cheap and also gives me 9 plugins (which would probably be worth it for the price alone). Now I'm wondering, can I use the licenses of those plugins also in 32C? Because then it would make total sense to buy this.
that should work, I had an offer with plugins some time ago and there I got individual licenses for each plugin and so I am able to use them in whatever DAW
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
Yes the XT licenses live in your Home folder once the license are applied and are recognized by both versions of the DAW.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
ok great thanks for your answers!  Cool
Okay now I purchased it, finding the license keys was tricky (having to go to Account -> bla, then being redirected to the SSL website where I had to login again). Now that I have them, is there a quick way of licensing all the plugins at once? I have no idea how the file names are supposed to be, so I guess I have to open each of the 9 plugins and then manually license it in its GUI, waiting for the "you need a license" screen? That seems like a nightmare...
Ok found a "shortcut", but in some cases I even had to guess from the license key what plugin it is meant for
(11-14-2023, 03:55 PM)ZeHa Wrote: Ok found a "shortcut", but in some cases I even had to guess from the license key what plugin it is meant for

Check out this document, you can drop all your license text files into the root of your home folder and that's it...

The file names of each plugin denote what they are:

license_key_harrison_xt_mc.txt - in this example it's XT range, Multiband Compressor
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(11-14-2023, 10:49 AM)arthie Wrote: that should work, I had an offer with plugins some time ago and there I got individual licenses for each plugin and so I am able to use them in whatever DAW

The XT range are LV2 plugins and will only work in Mixbus / 32C and Ardour *
The AVA range (32C, MPC, AVA) are AAX / VST / AU plugins and will work in any DAW **

* Linux users might want to clarify this point...
** AU is an Apple format and only applies to macOS. AAX is proprietary to Protools / AVID. VST comes as VST2 and VST3.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(11-14-2023, 04:27 PM)Dingo Wrote: The XT range are LV2 plugins and will only work in Mixbus / 32C and Ardour *
* Linux users might want to clarify this point...
I just tried and yes, they only seem to work in Mixbus (32C here). They didn't show up in Ardour. I also tried with Carla plugin host where they showed and were loadable but the GUI wouldn't appear; didn't test if they worked sans GUI in that case.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

(11-14-2023, 04:22 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 03:55 PM)ZeHa Wrote: Ok found a "shortcut", but in some cases I even had to guess from the license key what plugin it is meant for

Check out this document, you can drop all your license text files into the root of your home folder and that's it...

The file names of each plugin denote what they are:

license_key_harrison_xt_mc.txt - in this example it's XT range, Multiband Compressor

Yeah once I understood how the text files should be named, I was able to do it quite quickly. However, in the license overview, the product name wasn't listed, so I had to guess/try in some cases (e.g. in some licenses it was just "M", "Q" or "G", but the name of the plugins were ME, EQ and EG). It would have been nice to be able to simply download all txt files at once in a ZIP with the proper names, so I would just have to extract them into the home folder instead of copying each key and creating a text file with the guessed names Wink