Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detect and Set Project tempo on audio Import?
I was trying to see if there was an intuitive way to accomplish this today as I'd like to start migrating some of my material into Mixbus but was unable to find anything. Then I located a post here on the forum where the user stated:

"When I receive audio files to mix, I would normally have imported them into Logic, Logic would detect the tempo of the files and ask if I want to set the session at that BPM. The answer is always "Yes". This is a critical first step in any session for me. Foundational even."

Which is exactly what I'm attempting to do within Mixbus as well.

Also noted, somewhere within that same post, another user stated there was a feature request placed for this functionality.

Was it ever implemented or still non-existent???

Really like the sound of the DAW and etc. but finding that these small trivial things of which some are huge time savers simply don't exist.

Hopefully I'm just overlooking it
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase
This has been discussed for sometime - not sure how far things have progressed but if you are technically inclined, download the apps and use Robin's Lua script to test with.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks for the link @Dingo
I'm a developer so there's no issue here as far as implementing things as such. However I'm not fully following the suggestion per that thread.
The video appears to be a very good start in the direction I need to be going, however your suggestion was to download the apps "and" use the Lua script.

But the thread "seems" to suggest that the app is 1 suggestion and Lua's script is yet another entirely different suggestion.
Then looking at the video, the "Meter" option within the UI isn't something that I am seeing available in Mixbus v9

Nonetheless, thanks for the link. I guess I'll have to do some more digging and likely contact support on this.
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase
(11-11-2023, 09:51 PM)Dingo Wrote: This has been discussed for sometime - not sure how far things have progressed but if you are technically inclined, download the apps and use Robin's Lua script to test with.
Looks as though there's been a new way to accomplish the tempo mapping in v9. For anyone else interested and who may not be aware, here's the link:

BBT Markers and Tempo Mapping | Mixbus32c V9.2

Nathan from support provided me the link. He's got a great YouTube channel that I'd subscribed to when first coming aboard but I hadn't searched his channel for this.
Turns out that it works super easy and is just what I was looking for.