Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison 32C plugin grief
So i received an email for the 32C plugin sale and i wanted to take advantage of this before it is gone. I can no longer get into my Harrison account and had to create another one. Now my registered plugins and Mixbus32C is not there and it is requiring me to open an ILok account to purchase. 

How do I proceed?
Older Mac Mini 16 gig 1TB drive. MixBus32c latest version, Reaper 6, Band in a Box 2023, Presonus Audiobox VSL1818, several guitars. 
Okay So I purchased the plugin 32C bus. It said MixBus users could skip the Ilok by checking a box. I checked that crazy ole box and preceded to purchase.

I also downloaded the download manager! UUmmmmm great back to the ILok issue. So there is no way around it from what i see. Egad how does one sort this all out? Currently i do not have an ILok account. Actually never wanted one! If this is going to be a constant aggravation in just downloading stuff and trying to get help I may have to cut and run back to Studio one. I was hoping to use the 32C bus plugin on other softwares i own.

Any constructive input?
Older Mac Mini 16 gig 1TB drive. MixBus32c latest version, Reaper 6, Band in a Box 2023, Presonus Audiobox VSL1818, several guitars. 
(11-10-2023, 01:17 PM)Robomusic57 Wrote: Okay So I purchased the plugin 32C bus. It said MixBus users could skip the Ilok by checking a box. I checked that crazy ole box and preceded to purchase.
The checkbox for no iLok only applies if you are purchasing Mixbus or Mixbus32C DAW or any of the XT range of LV2 Mixbus 'family' of plugins or to Linux users for whom there is no iLok option.
It seems extremely unlikely that the Mixbus/32C DAW or it's LV2 family will ever be iLoked ....

(11-10-2023, 01:17 PM)Robomusic57 Wrote: I also downloaded the download manager! UUmmmmm great back to the ILok issue. So there is no way around it from what i see. Egad how does one sort this all out? Currently i do not have an ILok account. Actually never wanted one! If this is going to be a constant aggravation in just downloading stuff and trying to get help I may have to cut and run back to Studio one. I was hoping to use the 32C bus plugin on other softwares i own.

Any constructive input?

The cross platform plugins which form the AVA family (AAX/VST/AU): the 32C range, MPC range and AVA range all now require iLok for authorisation (unless you are on Linux).
Yes you need to create an iLok account which is free.
With Harrison / SSL plugins there are two authorisations per plugin with choice of Computer or iLok USB (which is a purchase).
If you have two systems be it Mac and Mac, Mac + Win or Win + Win then at no cost you can authorise any two host computers.

I would advise you contact the factory and see what they can do about linking your purchase to an iLok account.

plugins@harrisonaudio.com
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Who gives a fuck if the iLok account is free? You make it sound like that makes it convenient! I'm in the same boat as this guy. I downloaded the software and unchecked the box. The reasoning behind ticking or not ticking that box was incredibly unclear. Anyway, so then I did a basic install. Installed all the versions available. I'm on Mac OS 13.6 on an M1 mac. So far the new version has not shown up in Mixbus 32c at all. Still on version 4. Version 5, the "Harrison" titled versions, not the "AVA" titled versions, showed up in Davinci Resolve 18.6.2 and Ableton 11.3.4, but it was in the form of a nag box that pauses when it scans plugins, telling me that i needed to go to iLok for licensing. This nag box came up several times and looks like it will do that every time I open either software. Great! Not only is iLok already a pain in the ass, how to use or not use it is confusing as shit. What a nightmare.

I don't even want help with this, other than for someone to tell me how to uninstall it completely from my system. There is no uninstaller and there is no documentation telling me how to do that myself. Big surprise. The Borg doesn't just let you go once you've encountered them!

Really though, I just want to complain and tell Harrison that they lost a loyal customer that was dedicated to spreading their product to all I can. Now, I will spend my day off messaging everyone I can remember recommending their software to. That way I can warn them of the fresh hell that awaits them if they dare to commit their projects to this shit.
(11-18-2023, 12:14 PM)tablebeast Wrote: I'm on Mac OS 13.6 on an M1 mac. So far the new version has not shown up in Mixbus 32c at all.

To 'see' new plugins in Mixbus you need to go to Window / Plugin Manager and select Discover New /Updated this will do a short scan for any newly added or updated plugins.
If you already own a pre SSL version of any of the 32C or AVA range they will still run as is under Rosetta on an ARM system.

(11-18-2023, 12:14 PM)tablebeast Wrote: I don't even want help with this, other than for someone to tell me how to uninstall it completely from my system. There is no uninstaller and there is no documentation telling me how to do that myself.

If you install the SSL D/L manager you can un-install / re-install all or individual plug-ins.

Unless you use a down load / install manager... I am not aware of any plugin that has an individual uninstaller so it is a manual task.

In macOS plugins are stored in these Apple defined locations:

AU Plug-ins:  /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
VST Plug-ins:  /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST
VST3 Plug-ins:  /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3
AAX Plug-ins:  /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins

Depending on how your Mac Permissions are setup (multi account or single) they may appear in either:

Macintosh HD / Library (this is my norm) ....

Or in Users / Your HOME folder / Library .... sometimes the User / Library folder is hidden - to reveal hidden folders or files:

Press Command + Shift + . (the period key) - This will show hidden files in the folder.
Press Command + Shift + . (the period key) - Again to hide the files.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5