Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does Mixbus v9+9 differ from Mixbus and Mixbus 3C??
Hi,

New member here. I've been using a few of the Harrison plugins for a bit and just recently received an offer to purchase Mixbus V9+9.
When I tried to enlarge the screenshot of the DAW I received a narrow blank line across the top of the page. I then went to browses products and was able to view an enlarged screenshot of the Mixbus and Mixbus 3C; however there was no mention on the product page of Mixbus v9+9.

I can only presume that v9 could possibly mean (Mixbus version 9) .... but what then in v9+9??

Is this the introduction of a new DAW from Harrison? If not, that is the difference between these DAW's? The number of possible channels or ???

Confused. Huh
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase
(11-03-2023, 09:53 AM)maestro777 Wrote: Hi,

New member here. I've been using a few of the Harrison plugins for a bit and just recently received an offer to purchase Mixbus V9+9.
When I tried to enlarge the screenshot of the DAW I received a narrow blank line across the top of the page. I then went to browses products and was able to view an enlarged screenshot of the Mixbus and Mixbus 3C; however there was no mention on the product page of Mixbus v9+9.

I can only presume that v9 could possibly mean (Mixbus version 9) .... but what then in v9+9??

Is this the introduction of a new DAW from Harrison? If not, that is the difference between these DAW's? The number of possible channels or ???

Confused. Huh

Hi
9+9 means you get:
Mixbus 9
and 9 XT plugins

https://store.harrisonaudio.com/all-products/mixbus-v9
[quote pid="65648" dateline="1699026478"]
Hi
9+9 means you get:
Mixbus 9
and 9 XT plugins

https://store.harrisonaudio.com/all-products/mixbus-v9
[/quote]

Hello dspasic,

Thank you for clarifying, I was able to figure out my remaining questions based on your answer and going back to the site to review the product information for Mixbus and Mixbus 3C.
I'm a Logic user and quite happy with the result I get using it but I like the concept of the Harrison DAW design with the EQ and bus routing so I was considering the offer I was extended to purchase Mixbus.

But now I'm still on the fence b/c after reviewing them both, I may be slightly more apt to consider purchasing the 32C instead. Too bad there is no cross grade option. Otherwise, I'd purchase the Mixbus and see how it works out knowing I could cross-grade and avoid a full purchase price for the other.

May try contacting sales to see what may be worked out with that.

Thanks again
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase
I'm gonna make a case for Mixbus instead of Mixbus32c (both are excellent though and I have 32c v9 and Mixbus v7). The logic behind the simpler Mixbus eq is that it covers a lot of the most common eq settings most people would need or use, and any eq you'd need beyond that you can just add another eq plugin of your choice. Being a fan of the API 550 eq I do find that 3 bands are enough for most needs. It'd be nice to be able to choose shelf/bell for the low and high bands though. Besides that it also makes tracking simpler. As for the limited amount of buses, you can just create aux buses for any additional ones.
Quote:May try contacting sales to see what may be worked out with that.
Yes- contact support if you have just purchased it a few days ago. There are demo versions, though, but I'm sure they'll help you on that.
I'm a Logic user too and use Mixbus for mixing all projects since version 1 has been released. Never looked back.
Mac Pro 5,1 | 6x 3,4Ghz | 48GB | OS X 10.14  | Macbook Pro M1 | 16GB | OS X 14.4 | Metric Halo 2882 3d 
http://www.sounddesign-pro.com
I have a friend who is interested in this v9+9 - saw  the offer in FB. He asks me if I know anything about the use of iLok for registering the DAW. This brings a legitimate question.. future versions of Mixbus will use iLok? Will there be an update to v9 after 9.2? So far every new version seems to stop at .2
(11-06-2023, 08:38 AM)Lese Wrote: I have a friend who is interested in this v9+9 - saw  the offer in FB. He asks me if I know anything about the use of iLok for registering the DAW. This brings a legitimate question.. future versions of Mixbus will use iLok? Will there be an update to v9 after 9.2? So far every new version seems to stop at .2

i recall someone from support saying that the DAW will not introduce ilok, please correct me if i'm wrong
(11-06-2023, 08:38 AM)Lese Wrote: I have a friend who is interested in this v9+9 - saw  the offer in FB. He asks me if I know anything about the use of iLok for registering the DAW. This brings a legitimate question.. future versions of Mixbus will use iLok? Will there be an update to v9 after 9.2? So far every new version seems to stop at .2

https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/threa...l#pid64844
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
@Dingo Ben says “At the moment, we have no plans to switch Mixbus to iLok.” At the moment was back in 08-29-2023, many moments have passed by and I believe that if there is a switch, SSL will do it with the next version. Why would any one invest in a DAW that will use iLok in the future? Most other DAWs have moved away from this scheme
(11-07-2023, 04:18 AM)Lese Wrote: @Dingo Ben says “At the moment, we have no plans to switch Mixbus to iLok.” At the moment was back in 08-29-2023, many moments have passed by and I believe that if there is a switch, SSL will do it with the next version. Why would any one invest in a DAW that will use iLok in the future? Most other DAWs have moved away from this scheme

Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed...
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5