Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can someone explain to me what's going on.
I noticed some of my Harrison plugins are now ilok. Does that mean I have to buy them again or is there upgrade path for a fee or will it be a free upgrade to ilok?
(10-26-2023, 12:52 AM)izunna Wrote: I noticed some of my Harrison plugins are now ilok. Does that mean I have to buy them again or is there upgrade path for a fee or will it be a free upgrade to ilok?

No you do not have to re-purchase your plugins, the current versions you have will still work with the text based authorisation.
Harrison are offering a free upgrade path to iLok authorisation. If you want to use iLok authorisation or upgrade to the newer versions,  check out this SSL article that outlines how to redeem your iLok authorisation.

I have tested and it worked for me *** note only 1 plugin at a time ***

Also here is a direct link to downloads (that includes Linux which still use the text based authorisation NOT iLok) this link does not require SSL manager to be installed.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
@Dingo -
Thank you for posting the iLok procedure.
I followed it to obtain an iLok license for my AVA Drum Flow Plugin.
While I won't need it for my normally used Linux platform, I WILL need it for my Windows and MAC testing platforms.

So... moving forward... Am I reading this correctly - that I will need iLok licenses for my XT & AVA plugin upgrades for Windows & MAC?
I sure hope not as that would mean going through this procedure ... what... ~20 times for each platform?!?!?

Cheers!
Patrick
(10-26-2023, 10:11 AM)PBuryk Wrote: So... moving forward... Am I reading this correctly - that I will need iLok licenses for my XT & AVA plugin upgrades for Windows & MAC?
I sure hope not as that would mean going through this procedure ... what... ~20 times for each platform?!?!?

Cheers!
Patrick

My understanding is that the SSL iLok exchange path is only a temporary measure while Harrison get iLok implemented in their own Store / Website.

There is also a user account log in being developed and this might allow for more control over your individual purchases.

With iLok you only need to transfer a license to iLok once, then it will work on whatever system (WIN / Mac) you are running.

Harrison provides two iLok authorisations per plugin, either Computer or iLok USB. I have one on a USB and will put the other onto my second (office) system.

I don't think that XT plugins will require iLok, they are LV2 plugins and as such are limited in the DAW's they can run, but would maybe Ben or Nathan can clarify that.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I have my licenses on different email addresses...
(10-26-2023, 09:37 PM)izunna Wrote: I have my licenses on different email addresses...

You will need to enter the correct email address associated with each license.
The old website had the means to provide links per email address but I cannot find it on the new site.
Email support with the list of email addresses you have and see if they can send you the absolute correct information. mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
I also have multiple email addresses for my Harrison plugins but kept a log of those.
@Caberto - contact support mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com - early days as things get worked out I should imagine.
Also did you buy from the Harrison store or via a third party (do not crack etc) vendor ?
Hi Dingo,

1 - Can't thank you enough for helping provide some clarity.  I and others have asked for real details to go along with some of the hollow one-liners from others in the know, but this helps a lot and shows what can be done by someone trying to actually help.  Much appreciated!

2 - Thanks for the SSL article, with particular note that this information is NOT on Harrison's new site.  Should be embarrassing but apparently not.

3 - Good to hear that Harrison may provide services "in their own Store/Website."  I own nothing from SSL, and am not all that interested in signing up with them in order to continue using Harrison.  Also, note that this information is NOT on Harrison's new site, and again should be embarrassing.

4 - Suggestion, in the event you are in contact with others who may care.  Probably most/all of us receive mails from Harrison.  We have subscribed, indicating we are ok with getting the info.  We log onto this forum asking for info.  Harrison has a website (perhaps not even under their own control) that for now is basically an empty marketing shell with no real info for existing customers.  Maybe you can encourage them to SEND us some info, send us some links, basic support.  Makes for happy customers, and helps clear the path for future progress.

Best Regards,
H
(10-28-2023, 01:03 AM)hodger Wrote: Hi Dingo,

1 - Can't thank you enough for helping provide some clarity.  I and others have asked for real details to go along with some of the hollow one-liners from others in the know, but this helps a lot and shows what can be done by someone trying to actually help.  Much appreciated!

2 - Thanks for the SSL article, with particular note that this information is NOT on Harrison's new site.  Should be embarrassing but apparently not.

3 - Good to hear that Harrison may provide services "in their own Store/Website."  I own nothing from SSL, and am not all that interested in signing up with them in order to continue using Harrison.  Also, note that this information is NOT on Harrison's new site, and again should be embarrassing.

4 - Suggestion, in the event you are in contact with others who may care.  Probably most/all of us receive mails from Harrison.  We have subscribed, indicating we are ok with getting the info.  We log onto this forum asking for info.  Harrison has a website (perhaps not even under their own control) that for now is basically an empty marketing shell with no real info for existing customers.  Maybe you can encourage them to SEND us some info, send us some links, basic support.  Makes for happy customers, and helps clear the path for future progress.

Best Regards,
H

the website has only been out a week and this past week the focus has been on the console at the AES show in New York.  I would expect a few more weeks till things settle down and we have more time to customize the site to our liking.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
@izunna:

To get your new version, you need to re-purchase it on our new website. If you are a registered user of the old plugin in Harrison's database, then the new version of that plugin is a free upgrade.

You'll need to make a new login using the SAME email that you used for your prior purchases, so the system recognizes you. If you need help with your email(s) please use the 'Support->Submit a Request" feature in the website.

More details here

Best Regards,
-Ben