Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export issues in v9.2
Since upgrading to v9.2, I'm experiencing trouble when exporting projects.
At the moment, no matter what I do, I get only an silent file and the export report looks like the attached screenshot.
While exporting, the K-14 meter on the master strip moves as usual, you can see in the bottom right of the screenshot that my export peaked at -3,3 db. But the exported file is dead silent.

This weekend it worked for me when I right clicked the range marker, and chose Export Range. For some reason. Now that won't do either.
As I haven't seen anyone else report this, I'm guessing it's not a common issue. And I may have simply changed a setting without noticing.
Yet it's a rather crucial thing for me, not being able to export anything.

I run Pop_OS 22.04 (Linux) with Pipewire.

I really hope someone can help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Check you don't have a solo on an unused track or that the Master is muted or a plugin in the Master bus is stopping flow. I can replicate the same result by exporting with the Master bus muted.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(10-16-2023, 03:40 AM)Dingo Wrote: Check you don't have a solo on an unused track or that the Master is muted or a plugin in the Master bus is stopping flow. I can replicate the same result by exporting with the Master bus muted.

Thank you for the tips!
As this has happened to me in several projects over the last few days, and as I suddenly was able to export after a reboot, I suspect it is OS related.
The fact that a reboot made it work just now was a great relief, though. Then I'll reboot the next time I run into the issue, see if that helps.
I do have exactly the same problem, neither the LAN works nor the export. A reboot did not solve this. On the Laptop I run Pipewire as well, so it might be related to that. On my workstation with Jack running, I did not had this problem, even though I currently can't test it there because I'm not at home for some days.
For the time being I switched to ALSA and there it works. So it seems to be a problem with Pipewire?
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20