Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XT plugins prices
Shocked 
I just noticed that now all XT plugins are priced the same at 105,99€, is it normal?
I hardly imagine anyone buying Micro-glide for a hundred bucks...
Hmm Confused 

If this is true and the current pricing, what will the next upgrade MB 32C 9 > 10 cost?
Are prices getting out of control?
Or is inflation that high at the moment...

Old wisdom, the greedy has a shitty ending.
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

That's way too expensive.
I bought most of them over years with special discount offers. As I'm now retired and do this as a hobby, there's no way I could afford or justify buying at those prices.
Are special discount offers a thing of the past? I haven't seen any for ages and it was usually a very attractive offer, one of the things I loved about Mixbus.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

ava live just went to 250$usd on pluginbotique  Dodgy lol
-- BC --
Sounds like Audiotonix/SSL creep.  Acquisitions must assimilate.
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
The most striking fact is that some plugins have become overpriced (Microglide, Dyno-mite) while some others are underpriced (Bass, Drum & Vocal Flow, Console Compressor, etc...)
That's why I am raising the question, it seems too weird to be intentional.
@omer666: we are in a transition time with SSL, where our companies are learning to work together.

SSL is looking at some of our plugins, evaluating them, and assigning a higher value than we did in the past. Upon revisiting the "Dyno Mite", I'm actually reminded how good it sounds on drum loops. So .... good for us.

But on the other hand, the XTs will remain the 'bundled' plugins in Mixbus and will likely be accessible at a lower price, somehow, than the cross-platform plugins.

Details tbd.

Please allow us some time for these details to be resolved.

-Ben
(10-18-2023, 09:45 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: SSL is looking at some of our plugins, evaluating them, and assigning a higher value than we did in the past.  Upon revisiting the "Dyno Mite",  I'm actually reminded how good it sounds on drum loops.  So .... good for us.

I love the Dyno Mite! Favorite Tool for dealing with the sustain of drum-sounds and just so fast to use.
In my dream-mixbus Dyno Mite would be a 3rd Mode-Option for the 32c  Gate-section.  Tongue