Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade to 32c V9 before overhaul?
I stuck with 32c V7 because it's working and money.
After checking in on the forum and seeing ilok, SSL, nonsense coming down the pipeline, do you all recommend upgrading to V9 while I can still get it without all the new syrup?

Is it good? Importantly, is it stable?

Happened to me before - I neglected to grab and stick with the "last great release" before a company sold and got weird
iLok applies to AVA plugins, entirely unrelated to Mixbus.

As for your other questions, I am too biased and rather leave this for someone else to answer.
(09-25-2023, 05:48 PM)Flagfoot Wrote: I stuck with 32c V7 because it's working and money.
After checking in on the forum and seeing ilok, SSL, nonsense coming down the pipeline, do you all recommend upgrading to V9 while I can still get it without all the new syrup?

Happened to me before - I neglected to grab and stick with the "last great release" before a company sold and got weird

I didn't have the chance for extensive use as I'm still busy renovating that old cottage before the studio returns... but the improved channel strip alone is worth it, also the tape mode (which came with v8 iirc).
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(09-25-2023, 05:48 PM)Flagfoot Wrote: I stuck with 32c V7 because it's working and money.

I recommend you upgrade to version 9, not because of any potential future SSL fuzz, but simply because version 9 is a significant upgrade - at least in my opinion; I think that version 9 is by far the best release for now.  It has for instance the new tempo engine under the hood, if you are doing tempo ramping stuff in a pre-9 version, then it might not work if you need to use a post-8 version in the future.

To me, the 9 is very stable and a joy to work with for tracking, editing, and of course: Mixing - Well worth the upgrade.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(09-26-2023, 03:22 AM)Jostein Wrote: To me, the 9 is very stable and a joy to work with for tracking, editing, and of course: Mixing - Well worth the upgrade.

Agreed, v9 is stable and represents a major step forward for Mixbus
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I never used any version prior to 9. But to me Mixbus is a pleasure to mix in and makes me wish I had decided to jump in sooner. Version 9 is stable and powerful.
Older Mac Mini 16 gig 1TB drive. MixBus32c latest version, Reaper 6, Band in a Box 2023, Presonus Audiobox VSL1818, several guitars. 
I've used all the versions up to v6, but passed on v7 and v8 because I only use 32C for mixing and the upgrades didn't improve the way I work.
Version 9, on the other hand, added many more features to the mixer and it's definitely the best version yet.
As for being stable, I've not had a single crash, even though I use it almost every day.
I wish RB would take a look at MB32c and learn from the way the mixer view works. The FX and such in RB is so weak.
Older Mac Mini 16 gig 1TB drive. MixBus32c latest version, Reaper 6, Band in a Box 2023, Presonus Audiobox VSL1818, several guitars. 
I wonder.. how would old users describe the “new sound” of v.9 32C? I feel that the “old sound” most people talked about in the past.. is gone. I’m not saying better or worse, just different. I think the “new sound” is closer to other modern DAWs, but I may be wrong
Version 9 rock solid on MAC M2, and no plugin conflicts with Soundtoys, UAD, SSL (!), Metric Halo, DDMF, Waves, and a few others.