Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need a question answered about AVA plugins
Hi, I was just like to know if Linux It's being slowly may not even be slowly but being pushed out and will no longer exist since the SSL merger? I was not comfortable at all when I heard that because I've had some dealings with SSL in the past and it was never positive when it came to Linux.

I then saw this message and I'm wondering how it applies to Linux users?
https://support.solidstatelogic.com/hc/e...ugin-users
For the moment it doesn't. We retain the text base license.

However, I share the same concern. Over a decade as initially a subscriber, then Plugged In Subscriber. (since version 2.0 with some sort of subscription)- so over a decade ..

AS well as having been a long time subscriber to Ardour and sponsor of discrete features (MIDI Clock) ... feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth...

The lack of a firm statement regarding long term support of Linux is very concerning.

It's not even a money thing --- My system as a whole is far more stable on Linux than Windows (even as far as Windows VST's go) ... Having already purchased the xt versions of most plugins, I haven't purchased the equivalent AVA VST's, only the "Flow" plugins and the "x" plugins

I have workflows and scripts I dont' want to have to re-create

I don't particularly like Reaper as it looks like a PiTA to get to work on a 4k screen..

Ardour is still a great piece of software - but I fear for it's future as a result of this move too. Though will re-instate my subscription if the Linux support seems to drop off (which given the move of AVA plugins to SSL's shop, would probably include diminished valure from the Plugged In membership)
Allan  Klinbail 

Steam Mastering - www.steam-mastering.com 
On the other hand, the situation is changing, in that Personus now brings Studio One to Linux. So that might give reason to keep Linux support for Mixbus still valid. Because it suddenly seems that Linux is becoming an attractive option. This is good news and hopefully useful for us Linux users. And also gives the Harrison/SSL guys reason to seriously consider things. Is it worth it to be on the Linux people's side in this changing situation. Probably worth it. And now it might be that it was worth being at the forefront. The know-how is already first-class when it comes to Linux as well (Mixbus).
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7