Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
punch recording seems not to work if the punch range is
Hello!

I'm using punch to drop in a new take over a range.

If I set the punch markers by selecting a range and then doing "set punch from selection" then things work as expected.

The problem is if I create the punch range from the "Loop/punch range markers" bar, then as soon as I start the transport the recording also starts, and so wipes out part of the track before my punch in marker. The punch in/out buttons also get cleared.

Is this a bug or...?

Thanks!
Hamish
(MixBus 32C 9.1 on Ubuntu 22.04)
--
Mixbus 32C on Ubuntu 22.04; Behringer UMC404HD USB sound interface; this and that.
(09-24-2023, 11:21 AM)hamishcunningham Wrote: Hello!

I'm using punch to drop in a new take over a range.

If I set the punch markers by selecting a range and then doing "set punch from selection" then things work as expected.

The problem is if I create the punch range from the "Loop/punch range markers" bar, then as soon as I start the transport the recording also starts, and so wipes out part of the track before my punch in marker. The punch in/out buttons also get cleared.

Is this a bug or...?

Thanks!
Hamish
(MixBus 32C 9.1 on Ubuntu 22.04)
Just tested on Mixbus 32C 9.1.324 and all working fine for me... refer manual..
Tried setting punch range from selection using [ and 'Edit/Select/Set range to punch range' as well as right click set punch range.
Also tested using the Loop/Punch range ruler and cannot find an issue. What subset of v9.1 are you using ?

Also make sure that the red Punch In/Out buttons are engaged.

Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5