Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how can i make this readable?
    Hej there, 

after quite a while coming back to Mixbus32c9.1.324 and as seen in the picture I cannot adjust the gui in any senseful way, 

I am on a 4k screen and it should just work, 

It doesnt matter if i choose font scaling 14% etc. the differences dont make it work. 

Any ideas what to do here? I m also a bit lost with the new gui and would like to see the EQ, but no idea where to click. 

Gui was always a bit of a config hassle, but this time it is impossible to make it work.. 

Thank you!
(09-17-2023, 07:18 AM)calimerox Wrote: Hej there, 

after quite a while coming back to Mixbus32c9.1.324 and as seen in the picture I cannot adjust the gui in any senseful way, 

It doesnt matter if i choose font scaling 14% etc. the differences dont make it work. 

Any ideas what to do here? I m also a bit lost with the new gui and would like to see the EQ, but no idea where to click. 

Gui was always a bit of a config hassle, but this time it is impossible to make it work.. 

Thank you!
Firstly, check preferences/Size & Scale and make sure you set the number of elements you want to be able to see at one time.

In the screenshot below, I have circled the Element switcher, to show/hide an element, click on the EQ/Dyn/Comp etc.

Also I am not a Linux user, but you might need to adjust the default system text size/scale

Links to manual...

https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ic/toolbar
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...p-switcher
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I run it on a 4K monitor and it is fine. It takes a bit of tweaking of "GUI and font scaling" and "Mixer strip scale" as well as system display scaling. I think you need to reduce your GUI and font scaling.
My settings (Debian Bullseye with KDE Plasma):
- GUI and font scaling ~160%
- Mixer strip scale - 140%
- System display scaling - 150%

Screenshot:

Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

(09-17-2023, 06:30 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(09-17-2023, 07:18 AM)calimerox Wrote: Hej there, 

Thank you!
Firstly, check preferences/Size & Scale and make sure you set the number of elements you want to be able to see at one time.

In the screenshot below, I have circled the Element switcher, to show/hide an element, click on the EQ/Dyn/Comp etc.

Also I am not a Linux user, but you might need to adjust the default system text size/scale

Links to manual...

https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ic/toolbar
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...p-switcher

thanks!! I get it a bit less crowded and can toggle the parts of the channel strip i want!! 

somehow it is still less readable than some mixbus32c versions ago, maybe it is age though  Big Grin
(09-18-2023, 07:33 AM)sunrat Wrote: I run it on a 4K monitor and it is fine. It takes a bit of tweaking of "GUI and font scaling" and "Mixer strip scale" as well as system display scaling. I think you need to reduce your GUI and font scaling.
My settings (Debian Bullseye with KDE Plasma):
- GUI and font scaling ~160%
- Mixer strip scale - 140%
- System display scaling - 150%

Screenshot:

I run similar settings now and it is quite readable.. 

another gui question I have; to make mixbus32c fullscreen, is this possible? I usually do F11 or Alt-F11 but this has no effect here on Mixbus...
Ctrl-alt-f to toggle full-screen on pc. Mac is likely similar. 

Also in the menu bar. View->full-screen
I don't have View > Fullscreen in Linux version but Ctrl-Alt-F works to toggle full screen. Debian Bullseye with KDE Plasma here.
It's likely a window manager function and different Linux versions may have different window managers whereas Mac or Win always have only one option.

On a UHD (4K) monitor, one does not have to hide elements to fit all on screen. Wink
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.