Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import PT Session
Hello all im new to the forum but have had mixbus and updated it always without actually using it, but now ive decided to take the plunge lol.
anyway pt import is crashing mixbus, what am i doing wrong ?
(09-07-2023, 10:46 AM)dez81 Wrote: Hello all im new to the forum but have had mixbus and updated it always without actually using it, but now ive decided to take the plunge lol.
anyway pt import is crashing mixbus, what am i doing wrong ?

Hi dez81 welcome to the Mixbus forum.

Pro Tools Import is in early stages of development.... a few tips....

It is best to consolidate all media into one session so use Save Copy In to save selected tracks in Protools and consolidate all the media into one root folder. Mixbus has difficulty finding unlinked or media that is not in the session root audio folder.

Make sure the source and destination sample rates are the same so you don't have added complication of resampling.

I cannot remember nor find the post but there are a few size limitations on sessions so try with a smaller simpler session and test your system.

I am running macOS Ventura with Mixbus 32Cv9.1.324 and PT 2023.6.0 and am not having crashes with PT imports.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
@dez81:  protools import was contributed by an open-source developer and wasn't sanctioned by Harrison.  Avid doesn't share the protools session format, so the .ptf import is developed via 'black box' reverse engineering.  It should not be considered a regular part of your workflow, but rather a last-chance way to recover an old protools session, if you no longer have protools.

It's not a question of how well the elephant dances, but rather that the elephant dances at all!

-Ben