Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MB32C V8.1 session to MB32C V9 latest
When I open a MB32C V8.1 session  in MB32C V9,  the grid lines are not lining up perfectly  with the Bar/Beats  grid in the ruler bar. Windows 10 Pro.
(08-18-2023, 07:50 PM)nik5 Wrote: When I open a MB32C V8.1 session  in MB32C V9,  the grid lines are not lining up perfectly  with the Bar/Beats  grid in the ruler bar. Windows 10 Pro.

Does this post from Ben help ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks Dingo. That doesn't work. I have emailed support.
Maybe post some screenshots showing how the lines used to look and how they look now.

Or is it only noticeable during playback..?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
I actually have the same issue on Mac. Even sessions that directly started as new empty sessions in 9.1 exhibit this.

For reference, I'm on 32C 9.1.324 (Mac M1 build) and it looks like this:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@marratj - it looks like you've a tempo change just as the bridge gets reached. I wonder if that's upsetting the calculations somehow?
Was my first thought as well, but I see the same behaviour in sessions that only have one constant tempo throughout.
What I see here (on Windows 10) is that the grid lines look identical in both Mixbus ver8 and Mixbus ver9 but things aren't quite the same during playback...

Mixbus v8
When I press Play, it takes around 15 seconds for the Playhead to get itself in sync but from then on, every time it reaches a grid line it's slap bang on the beat.

Mixbus v9
When I press Play, it still takes around 15 seconds for the Playhead to sync up but from then on, every time I hear the start of a new bar, the Playhead hasn't quite reached the appropriate grid line yet.
This might be worth checking...

When I launch a session here, the first thing I see is my Audio/Midi Setup window. And I only noticed this morning that my audio engine settings were different here for MBv8 versus MBv9 - so I've set them now to be the same.

And when they're the same I see pretty much the same performance between v8 and v9. They're not absolutely identical but better than 90%. And I suspect that's down to the vagaries of a Windows GUI (not giving real-time performance...)

Might be worth checking on Mac too.
I don't have any issues with the playhead performance. This works just fine in realtime on my Mac. I only have the issue with the grid lines not properly aligning to bars.