Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bus Soloing and other questions
Hello I can't find a way to do a couple of things : 
- Soloing a bus without the tracks being sent into it (to only hear the wet of a reverb for example)
- Is there a way to have some kind of visual wave forms for the master bus or at least a bus ? It would make automating volume much easier at least to me
- Is there a way to apply sends to multiple tracks at once ? 
- Is it possible to permanently disable inline controls ? Pa plugins make a visual mess and everytime I launch a session I have to disable it one by one
- Some plugin windows are huge and non resizable, what could I do ? (for instance some pa plugin and a few other stuff)
Many thanks !
If you have a reverb on a bus, you can hear the reverb sound if the bus soloed
If you have an active group, you can send all all the tracks of this group by one click

The best way to learn anything is to try and experimentSmile
best
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
reguarding question two: I also asked that question and you can enable the visual on edit page using the track list.

PA makes it hard, short answer: there is some bug going on and yes it sucks.. it was away in a version and then it pops up again.. frustrating I know it for sure.
I can resize all my PA-Plugins, so dont get that pont. If you cant probably it is a resolution issue? Or any lib that has gotten deleted.. I for my part can show the GUI of some PA-Plugins only once, afterward the attempt to access GUI again will make mixbus crash or just show an empty frame, I think there is some lib-file missing, but I just didn't figure that one out. (the vocal-tuner thing is worst with my system, could be a m2 problem, but as I said not figured out yet).
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
Well I do try and experiment but I need sometimes to hear onyl the wet channel only without stuff going in, so I can set my ducking properly. I tried to fiddle between Sip and afp listening mode sometimes it works sometimes not.
ok so PA it's a bug then, I hope it'll get sorted Smile
and I'll check about the track list thanks !
(08-10-2023, 11:57 AM)bourrinlepoulpe Wrote: Hello I can't find a way to do a couple of things : 
- Soloing a bus without the tracks being sent into it (to only hear the wet of a reverb for example)

If you are using a Mixbus as a dedicated Aux send to a reverb, then solo of that Mixbus will allow you to hear just the reverb.
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...e-and-solo

(08-10-2023, 11:57 AM)bourrinlepoulpe Wrote: - Is there a way to have some kind of visual wave forms for the master bus or at least a bus ? It would make automating volume much easier at least to me
There is the ACE in-line Scope that might help, however the Preview function found on the MPC consoles would be a great addition to Mixbus for this very scenario... in reality you might try exporting a stem, then re-importing, and using that as a visual guide without sending signal back to the mix.

(08-10-2023, 11:57 AM)bourrinlepoulpe Wrote: - Is there a way to apply sends to multiple tracks at once ? 

https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...q=grouping

(08-10-2023, 11:57 AM)bourrinlepoulpe Wrote: - Is it possible to permanently disable inline controls ? Pa plugins make a visual mess and everytime I launch a session I have to disable it one by one

Known issue fixed once but... this is still an issue with PA stuff... it is on the to do list.. again..

(08-10-2023, 11:57 AM)bourrinlepoulpe Wrote: - Some plugin windows are huge and non resizable, what could I do ? (for instance some pa plugin and a few other stuff)
Many thanks !

What size monitor/s are you using ? I have had no oversized UI issues with PA on macOS.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Re PA inline controls, they have just released an update.... but no fix for the inline controls display issue in VST ... one thing to note is that Mac users can go the AU path which does follow the hide inline preference.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5