Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for the experts!
So I added a second video monitor to system today and I was able to slide the mixer to the second screen and the edit view on the first. Two questions

1. It seems I have to detach the mixer to use both screens. Is that correct? 

2. Is there a way to save the screen setup so it opens up that way, or do I always need to move them around?
Older Mac Mini 16 gig 1TB drive. MixBus32c latest version, Reaper 6, Band in a Box 2023, Presonus Audiobox VSL1818, several guitars. 
(07-29-2023, 10:10 PM)Robomusic57 Wrote: So I added a second video monitor to system today and I was able to slide the mixer to the second screen and the edit view on the first. Two questions

1. It seems I have to detach the mixer to use both screens. Is that correct? 

No, but it depends...

If both screens are the same size / resolution you can freely stretch the entire Transport toolbar or any detached element (Cue, Rec, Mix, Edit) across two or more screens.
I have 3 identical monitors and often run that way.
If your screens are different sizes / resolutions then you need to make sure the Mixbus UI is within the smallest boundary of the other monitor... ie: the UI has to be able to fit into the monitor height.

In macOS, you have the option to use 'Displays have seperate Spaces' found somewhere in System settings depending on your version... in 13.4 it's Desktop/Dock.
This option will give you seperate monitor spaces that will not allow the GUI to cross screens. Benefit is the application toolbar appears on all screens.

(07-29-2023, 10:10 PM)Robomusic57 Wrote: 2. Is there a way to save the screen setup so it opens up that way, or do I always need to move them around?

Your screen setup should open as it was saved.... it does for me.

One thing is that if you open MB session on laptop or other single screen system, the arrangement will not recall when you reopen on multi screen system... setup recalls last known state.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5