Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WINE Working Weirdly
Anyone doing the Yabridge thing on Debian 12? For some reason WINE-bridged plugins are failing to display any text in 9.1.153 and .324 — but are A-OK in Ardour 7.4 and 7.5.

As the saying goes, "It was working before!"
Wine will make you see funny things. Not nearly as fast as tequila though!
Older Mac Mini 16 gig 1TB drive. MixBus32c latest version, Reaper 6, Band in a Box 2023, Presonus Audiobox VSL1818, several guitars. 
Windows plugins never worked stable enough for me to count on them. That's why I only use Linux-compatible plugins these days. Therefore, it would be good for everyone to point out if Linux support is needed. And to be in contact with parties that make plugins for other operating systems.

At some point, our request will be taken into consideration by these companies.
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

Why only 32C was affected remains unknown, but removing redundant Microsoft fonts seems to have ended the problem.
WINE often works weirdly in my experience. I try to use only Linux native plugins. TDR Nova worked fine last I tried it, although I am still on an old WINE version.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

(08-01-2023, 07:21 PM)sunrat Wrote: WINE often works weirdly in my experience. I try to use only Linux native plugins. 

That's the best approach in my opinion.

I do however use Wine (staging). The reason is that I "can't live without" ML-VST's PG8X (a JX-8P emulator) and I'm using Superior Drummer 2 a lot. When everything is installed on an upgraded distro (currently using Kubuntu 22.04), I always hit the wall at some point after a Wine upgrade and the Windows VSTs don't work anymore. Then I just roll back to the previous Wine version that worked and lock to that version (currently 8.2) and I have a stable environment for my Windows VSTs.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox