Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] can't launch session
Hey, I'm using Mixbus32C the latest on Arch. Been working great until I finished some mixing one day then continuing the next day, this happened

Code:
Session "/run/media/harv/ProAudio/Dreaming yeah (snapshot Dreaming yeah)" did not load successfully:
Cannot initialize session/engine: Port registration failed.

---ERROR: unable to create port 'Master/midi_out 1': failed constructor

I was so close to the finished mix. The thing is all midi tracks been converted to audio for sometime and not using any midi tracks nor any in the session.
(06-05-2023, 12:08 PM)funkmuscle Wrote: Hey, I'm using Mixbus32C the latest on Arch. Been working great until I finished some mixing one day then continuing the next day, this happened

Code:
Session "/run/media/harv/ProAudio/Dreaming yeah (snapshot Dreaming yeah)" did not load successfully:

I was so close to the finished mix. The thing is all midi tracks been converted to audio for sometime and not using any midi tracks nor any in the session.

Anyone??
(06-05-2023, 11:30 PM)funkmuscle Wrote:
(06-05-2023, 12:08 PM)funkmuscle Wrote: Hey, I'm using Mixbus32C the latest on Arch. Been working great until I finished some mixing one day then continuing the next day, this happened

Code:

Anyone??

I had this from time to time but usually a restart of Jack solved this.
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Have a look at this thread...

https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/threa...l#pid59512

And further back in time this one about session recovery...

https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/threa...l#pid56224
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Well looks like this has been solved. Nathan (Doc) suggested that I send him the session but couldn't because I couldn't open it in Mixbus32c.
He then suggested that the Ardour session that I created the song in, that session could work for him to see.

Well it opened in Ardour and I noticed that the JS plugins host YSFX created a midi connection as I was using it to host a mid/side spectrum plugin.
Removed that connection while in Ardour, saved the snapshot, opened snapshot in mixbus32c and now back in business.

thanks to everyone who helped.