Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GUIs not displaying on plug-ins
(05-22-2023, 06:15 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 09:18 AM)thelightmonkey1970 Wrote: They will display just fine when added to the session, double click on the green bar and hey presto, there they are.

But coming back to a saved session, on reopening the GUIs will more often than not fail to show up. Even when choosing the 'generic GUI' option.
In the case of UI not showing, is the green bar black when you re-open the session ?
UI no show can be caused when you update a plugin but do not re-scan for updated versions.
Also sometimes if you are using a very small scale image you may not actually be clicking on the bar.
I have had this occasionally when running at very small screen scales (80%)
The bars are green, not black.
I haven’t updated any plug ins myself, but I appreciate software sometimes does stuff like that behind the scenes.
In any case I have rescanned all my plug ins several times quite recently, and the manager list looks to have everything I know I own.
I'm definitely clicking on the bars because they are reacting to my mouse click, just very often the GUI will not display.
Thanks Dingo
(05-22-2023, 09:18 AM)thelightmonkey1970 Wrote: But coming back to a saved session, on reopening the GUIs will more often than not fail to show up. Even when choosing the 'generic GUI' option.

And this includes Harrison native plug-ins (ACE EQ, for example) not just third-party plug-ins.

Can anyone shed any light?

(05-26-2023, 10:02 AM)ltjost Wrote: I have had this problem when my number of displays changes or change positions on my Windows computer.

I must admit, this does sound like they're getting displayed off-screen somewhere (i.e. on some non-existent monitor). Watch the title bar at the top of your Mixer window. Does it change colour after clicking to open the plugin? If it does, this implies that your mouse focus has changed to the plugin window - and if so, try this...

Immediately after double-clicking to re-open the plugin, simultaneously press Alt + your Space bar. Now press the letter M. If the plugin now has your keyboard focus, pressing the keyboard arrow keys should move the window and eventually bring it into view.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(05-28-2023, 02:28 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 09:18 AM)thelightmonkey1970 Wrote: But coming back to a saved session, on reopening the GUIs will more often than not fail to show up. Even when choosing the 'generic GUI' option.

And this includes Harrison native plug-ins (ACE EQ, for example) not just third-party plug-ins.

Can anyone shed any light?

(05-26-2023, 10:02 AM)ltjost Wrote: I have had this problem when my number of displays changes or change positions on my Windows computer.

I must admit, this does sound like they're getting displayed off-screen somewhere (i.e. on some non-existent monitor). Watch the title bar at the top of your Mixer window. Does it change colour after clicking to open the plugin? If it does, this implies that your mouse focus has changed to the plugin window - and if so, try this...

Immediately after double-clicking to re-open the plugin, simultaneously press Alt + your Space bar. Now press the letter M. If the plugin now has your keyboard focus, pressing the keyboard arrow keys should move the window and eventually bring it into view.
By Jiminy and by Jove Itjost - you have cracked it!
That was exactly it, many thanks!