Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grid error in Zoom
Hello! I am using MixBus 32C v9 and I have a problem with the grid when I zoom.
The display changes when I zoom in or zoom out.

For example: I set my grid to 1/16 and when I zoom in the grid lines disappear and it looks like it was set to 1/8.

[Image: view?usp=share_link] 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uh2b8Cj...share_link

In order for the grid to be seen correctly I must press the "snap" button, set my grid to 1/4, then put it back to 1/16 and just then it starts to appear as it should

[Image: view?usp=sharing]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17T64wFe...sp=sharing

Does the same thing happen to anyone else?

The other bug I'm experiencing has to do with the "mixer store" and "mixer recall" functions.
But I already sent an email to support (a couple of days ago) explaining it better.

AS I ALREADY SAID ONCE:
I hope that this alliance between Harrison and SSL does not change the customer service that we have been receiving, which was excellent!
I'm not quite seeing the same thing here. But what I see is that there's no visual difference if I select any of the note options (1/4 Note / 1/16 Note / 1/128 Note etc). And looking at your screenshots it's looking like the numbers have disappeared from your Timecode ruler. I'm not sure if that's affecting the non-Windows platforms but I've been reporting those disappearing numbers for quite a long time  Sad
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(04-18-2023, 09:29 AM)johne53 Wrote: I'm not quite seeing the same thing here. But what I see is that there's no visual difference if I select any of the note options (1/4 Note / 1/16 Note / 1/128 Note etc). And looking at your screenshots it's looking like the numbers have disappeared from your Timecode ruler. I'm not sure if that's affecting the non-Windows platforms but I've been reporting those disappearing numbers for quite a long time  Sad

Hello!  Thanks for answering!  I hadn't noticed the numbers, I was just looking at the lines.  I'll try on Mac if the same thing happens.  Regarding the differences between 1/4, 1/16, etc... my grid was never visible beyond 1/16, that is, if I set 1/32 or 1/64 the grid always appears as 1/16, as if this were its maximum value. 
I've been seeing that since v6 at least.  
In any case, when aligning the elements to the grid, they do align to the value that appears even if the lines are not visible
The Grid lines are dependent on the zoom scale.

If you have you Grid set to 1/16ths, and you can't see the 1/16th grid, then you might have to zoom in closer until the 1/16 lines appear.

This avoids the problem where you are zoomed out, and the grid lines become so close to each other that the whole screen is filled with lines so you cannot sensibly snap to the Grid.

By default, we only draw grid lines when they can be spaced about 25 pixels apart. If you would like to allow more grid lines at a given zoom scale, then you can adust the value in Preferences->Editor->Snap->Approximate Grid Granularity....

-Ben
(04-18-2023, 11:40 AM)waltermente Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 09:29 AM)johne53 Wrote: it's looking like the numbers have disappeared from your Timecode ruler. I'm not sure if that's affecting the non-Windows platforms but I've been reporting those disappearing numbers for quite a long time  Sad

Hello!  Thanks for answering!  I hadn't noticed the numbers, I was just looking at the lines.  I'll try on Mac if the same thing happens.

Did you get a chance to check this on Mac? I've do wonder if it's a "Windows -only" thing...
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(05-04-2023, 03:44 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 11:40 AM)waltermente Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 09:29 AM)johne53 Wrote: it's looking like the numbers have disappeared from your Timecode ruler. I'm not sure if that's affecting the non-Windows platforms but I've been reporting those disappearing numbers for quite a long time  Sad

Hello!  Thanks for answering!  I hadn't noticed the numbers, I was just looking at the lines.  I'll try on Mac if the same thing happens.

Did you get a chance to check this on Mac? I've do wonder if it's a "Windows -only" thing...
Same thing happens on Mac as well.  Zooming out will show less grid lines.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
(04-24-2023, 08:31 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: The Grid lines are dependent on the zoom scale.

If you have you Grid set to 1/16ths, and you can't see the 1/16th grid, then you might have to zoom in closer until the 1/16 lines appear.

This avoids the problem where you are zoomed out, and the grid lines become so close to each other that the whole screen is filled with lines so you cannot sensibly snap to the Grid.

By default, we only draw grid lines when they can be spaced about 25 pixels apart.  If you would like to allow more grid lines at a given zoom scale, then you can adust the value in Preferences->Editor->Snap->Approximate Grid Granularity....

-Ben
Ben's suggestion worked for me. Changed my Prefs as he outlined and got my gridlines. 6JAN2024 - thanks!