Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weirdness in V9 and Windows 11
Hi All

I am running v9 in windows 11 and experiencing some strange behaviour 

When playback is going every now and again the entire mixbus UI freezes and I can not interact with it, The playback continues as normal
DSP is less than 60%, I can open other apps and use the computer as normal while this is happening, Then all of a sudden the control and display works as normal within Mixbus UI.

I cant do anything to repeat the behaviour, It isn't just the one session either its every session I create with v9 

I create session in v8 and applied the same plugins and imported the tracks in the same way I did with v9 and it never happens in that session. Has anyone else experienced this behaviour before I raise it with Harrison support ?

thanks in advance
Just as a curiosity...
The next time it happens, minimize your Mixbus screens and any other app screens you have open.
Is there an OS (or other app) related pop-up window that is waiting for you to acknowledge it?

Cheers!
Patrick
@FrankieLB - have you ever known this to happen in a session without plugins? Like most users I've known MB to lock up occasionally but only when it had crashed. I've never once seen it lock up and then recover. My guess would be a dodgy plugin - tho' I can't explain why the same plugin would work in MBv8

How long do the lockups tend to last?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(04-08-2023, 07:33 PM)PBuryk Wrote: Just as a curiosity...
The next time it happens, minimize your Mixbus screens and any other app screens you have open.
Is there an OS (or other app) related pop-up window that is waiting for you to acknowledge it?

Cheers!
Patrick

Hi Patrick

I cant minimise the mixbus session as its frozen although playback keeps on going
I can ALT - TAB and and there are no other window popups at all 
I can even start up other applications and use them
(04-09-2023, 02:42 AM)johne53 Wrote: @FrankieLB - have you ever known this to happen in a session without plugins? Like most users I've known MB to lock up occasionally but only when it had crashed. I've never once seen it lock up and then recover. My guess would be a dodgy plugin - tho' I can't explain why the same plugin would work in MBv8

How long do the lockups tend to last?

Hi johne3

I havent tried it with a session with no plugins, I also suspect a compatibility problem with a plugin and V9 of mixbus
The only plugins I have loaded in the session is 3 instances of amplitube 5 and 5 instances of the SSL native X-EQ

All of those loaded into a session in V8 with the same tracks loaded does not cause the lock up I am experiencing

the lock up can be anywhere from a couple of seconds or a minute or two 
There are only 22 tracks in the session and my DSP is running at 29%

Ill print the amplitube tracks and then remove the plugins and work from there as I suspect its an incompatibility with that specific plugin
(04-14-2023, 10:16 AM)FrankieLB Wrote: Ill print the amplitube tracks and then remove the plugins and work from there as I suspect its an incompatibility with that specific plugin

Yes, that's a good candidate for a problem like this. I can't quite remember where I read it but I did see some reports about anti-virus programs preventing Amplitube from saving its settings in Windows 11 - so that might be causing it to lock up periodically.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Hi All

Thanks to those who replied.
It looks like v9 does not like the vst3 version of ikmultimedia amplitube 5 and the Waves PRS series of amp sims.
I disabled the hide vst2 if the vst3 version exists and loaded them all up as vst 2 and it works as I would expect.

thanks again everyone
(04-14-2023, 12:08 PM)FrankieLB Wrote: Hi All

It looks like v9 does not like the vst3 version of ikmultimedia amplitube 5 and the Waves PRS series of amp sims.
I disabled the hide vst2 if the vst3 version exists and loaded them all up as vst 2 and it works as I would expect.

thanks again everyone

What ver of Waves PRS?
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
(04-15-2023, 10:54 AM)jeff_sloan Wrote:
(04-14-2023, 12:08 PM)FrankieLB Wrote: Hi All

thanks again everyone

What ver of Waves PRS?

Hi Jeff

V 12 of the PRS