Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MixBus32C v9 crashing with some UADx plugins
I do have Harrison support looking into this (they are awesome, by the way!), but I'm wondering if anyone else is using v9 with UADx plug-ins. Some work as they did in v8.2, and some crash MixBus immediately when added to a channel strip or opening an existing project that uses them.

Anyone else out here using UADx plug-ins - either successfully or not after the upgrade to v9? Hoping that either way, it might help solve the crash problem. We are really anxious to try out the new version for our mixes.
Same issue, both the la-2a and 1176 plugins cause crashes, and it seems to be graphics related (OpenGL?).  When you open the GUI it starts blurred over and then clears up (or at least it's supposed to).  With v9 the gui blur never clears up and when you try to click on the window it'll crash.
(04-01-2023, 01:30 PM)Littlefoot71 Wrote: some crash MixBus immediately when added to a channel strip or opening

Have you configured your settings to automatically open a plugin when first added to a channel (Preferences->Plugins->GUI->Automatically open the plugin GUI when adding a new plugin) ?

I guess it might be unconnected but there's been a long-standing problem on Windows where MB will crash (quite often) while displaying a plugin. When the crash happens, the usual MB control section is missing from the plugin window...

I don't know what the relevant format is for UAD plugins on Mac - but on Windows, the crash happens most often with regular VST2's.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(04-01-2023, 01:30 PM)Littlefoot71 Wrote: I do have Harrison support looking into this (they are awesome, by the way!), but I'm wondering if anyone else is using v9 with UADx plug-ins. Some work as they did in v8.2, and some crash MixBus immediately when added to a channel strip or opening an existing project that uses them.

Anyone else out here using UADx plug-ins - either successfully or not after the upgrade to v9? Hoping that either way, it might help solve the crash problem. We are really anxious to try out the new version for our mixes.

Was this ever solved, just got the 1176 UAD Plug in and it crashes exactly as described here, Starts to open, its blurred, them Mixbus just closes ,,,Frustrating!!!
(10-14-2023, 02:02 AM)Beatles65 Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 01:30 PM)Littlefoot71 Wrote: I do have Harrison support looking into this (they are awesome, by the way!), but I'm wondering if anyone else is using v9 with UADx plug-ins. Some work as they did in v8.2, and some crash MixBus immediately when added to a channel strip or opening an existing project that uses them.

Was this ever solved, just got the 1176 UAD Plug in and it crashes exactly as described here, Starts to open, its blurred, them Mixbus just closes ,,,Frustrating!!!

Yes, if you download the newest version of Mixbus v9 - it works. At least my UAD plugins do. I was also having trouble with was also the UAD 1176, among others. I am on version 9.1.320, which offered the fix, but I'm sure that the newest v9.2, has the fix as well. What version are you currently running? Try the newest and see if it works for you. It took them a while to find the problem, it was a tough one, but they worked with UAD, found it and fixed it! Hope you get yours working.
(10-14-2023, 03:46 PM)Littlefoot71 Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 02:02 AM)Beatles65 Wrote:

Yes, if you download the newest version of Mixbus v9 - it works. At least my UAD plugins do. I was also having trouble with was also the UAD 1176, among others. I am on version 9.1.320, which offered the fix, but I'm sure that the newest v9.2, has the fix as well. What version are you currently running? Try the newest and see if it works for you. It took them a while to find the problem, it was a tough one, but they worked with UAD, found it and fixed it! Hope you get yours working.
Actually UAD was very little help unfortunately. A user gave a clue that it crashed with Mono tracks so that let to a fix that allowed UADX to work with Mono tracks but its more of a bandaid and still something UAD needs to address.  The main issue is most DAWs treat all tracks as stereo and with this assumption UADX plugins don't account for tracks with a Mono input and a Mono output.  At least that was my understanding of the issue.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio