Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magnifier
Now on V9. I find myself wishing there was a magnifier that would selectively magnify blocks, say EQ, compression, inserts, sends etc with full GUI adjustability. It's getting tiny to the eye ....
Increase the scale in preferences
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(03-23-2023, 04:51 PM)synaesthesia Wrote: Now on V9. I find myself wishing there was a magnifier that would selectively magnify blocks, say EQ, compression, inserts, sends etc with full GUI adjustability. It's getting tiny to the eye ....

I agree.
I like the look of everything on the screen at once, and adjusting where everything will fit is still too small to see even with a 55" screen close to you!
This is not a slight against MB, there is a lot of information to present, and you can only do what you can do.

So some sort of window where the mouse on the outline of the window moves the window around, but INSIDE the window becomes "transparent" and operable to MB.

Anyone know of something like that out there?

I can't wait till we get MB that works with 8k monitors!
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
Mac has a built-in Magnifier. In your mac preferences, you can enable Preferences->Accessibility->Zoom "use scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom" ... I use Option+scroll because this is mostly unused in Mixbus.

However, this probably won't overcome a bad monitor placement.

A 55" screen isn't intended to be used up-close.... if you have to move your neck around to see the corners, it's too close. A 55" screen should be placed farther away ... and in this case, you'll likely want to scale the display (in your mac settings) so the fonts are larger. And this means you won't fit the whole channelstrip ... you'll be switching the elements on&off.

My personal setup is a 24" 1080p monitor, and I can only see 1 element at a time... my fonts are nicely sized so I can work all day without any strain.

A 27" 2k monitor (1440 vertical pixels) also works fine for me. The text is pretty small, but I can read it because I am sitting close. 2k resolution allows me to see the sends, eq, and one of Gate or Comp. Of course I have to use my reading glasses Smile

We have some young employees and interns at Harrison who can use Mixbus on a 13" macbook monitor, set to its highest resolution. The text is 'microscopic' to me, but their young eyes have no problem with this.

There is no single answer that works for everyone, but I hope we've provided enough flexibility that you can find a setup that works for you.

-Ben
The mouse pointer in editor remains tiny even if the rest is ok after selecting appropriate scale in preferences.

windows 11
Windows 11, 64 GB Ram, AMD Ryzen 3900XT, Nvidia 2700 Super 8 Gb,
Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB.

Ableton Live, Mixbus 32c, Studio One Pro
(03-24-2023, 10:04 AM)Soundivad Wrote: The mouse pointer in editor remains tiny even if the rest is ok after selecting appropriate scale in preferences.

windows 11

This would be a Windows Mouse setting as far as pointer size...
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
Windows also has a magnifier built into accesories. I put a shortcut to it on the taskbar.
 Joe  Big Grin
HP I7 Desktop 
Windows 10
32GB RAM
1TB/216G SSD's
TASCAM US-1641
Mixbus 32C V9
(05-24-2023, 12:22 PM)Joe K Wrote: Windows also has a magnifier built into accesories. 

Do you find it useful, Joe? I've found that the Windows magnifier tends to 'hog' my mouse cursor - i.e. it doesn't seem possible to position a magnifier somewhere and then just leave it there while I move the mouse cursor somewhere else temporarily. For me, that pretty much makes it useless  Sad
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!