Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V8.2 not recording - Windows 10 Pro
I am on Windows 10 Pro, Mixbus 32c Version 8.2 and I have a couple issues which Nathan at Mixbus can't seem to duplicate.  I have input to my tracks, I have one (or more) tracks armed.  I have the overall record button armed.  I start the recording, provide audio input, it shows on the meter(s), the record head is moving, showing that it's recording (on the armed tracks), but no waveforms show up.   

Possibly unrelated, but another issue I find is that I can't close Mixbus using the 'X' at the extreme top right of the window.  It does nothing (no "are you sure" dialog box, nothing).  I can still close using the Session Close drop-down option.   

So for now, I have to keep using V7.  I would love to start using V8, but obviously not if it can't actually record anything.
I would suggest that you try a full re-install without referencing previous versions.
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ser-topics
The link above details were you can find your MB8 preferences folder in Windows.
Trash the entire Mixbus8 folder, then re-install from your download.
When the UI starts up you will get an option to use v7 or v6 defaults in v8, check no and do a new install.
Pay particular attention to were the default Projects folder will be in your system.
Note that if you have made any colour changes these will be lost and you will be back to basic factory settings.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks, Dingo. I'll try that tomorrow (I'm setting up for a V7 session today).
I'll let you know.
Dingo,
I tried the reinstall of V8 this morning. I have an error, saying,
"Error opening file for writing:

C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-8\share\ardour8\ArdourMono.ttf

Click Abort to stop the installation,
Retry to try again, or
Ignore to skip this file."

What should I do?
Email support mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

Advice here from Johne53 is to ignore and skip the file.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5