Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recording Click to a track
I've been searching for a while (yes, even the Manual), and can't seem to figure this out.  In Mixbus 32C, version 8, how do I go about recording the Click to an input track?
Hi dmcdowell48 welcome to the Mixbus Forum...
Window / Audio connections Manager.
Click is found in the Misc Tab LHS, route Click Out to the input of a channel so that you can record it, note click needs to be on.
Also you will need to de-assign click from your Hardware inputs or you will get non aligned warning.

Depending on what version of MB you are using you may need to slide the recording... (In pre v8 the Click track is timed to bypass the Mixer section and be in time at the monitor) so after you have recorded your click to a track may need to adjust it so it falls on your bars/beats correctly.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(03-02-2023, 04:27 PM)Dingo Wrote: Hi dmcdowell48 welcome to the Mixbus Forum...
Window / Audio connections Manager.
Click is found in the Misc Tab LHS, route Click Out to the input of a channel so that you can record it, note click needs to be on.
Also you will need to de-assign click from your Hardware inputs or you will get non aligned warning.

Depending on what version of MB you are using you may need to slide the recording... (In pre v8 the Click track is timed to bypass the Mixer section and be in time at the monitor) so after you have recorded your click to a track may need to adjust it so it falls on your bars/beats correctly.

Dingo,
I got it mostly woking - now I'm seeing the input meter signal on the click the click.  But it's not recording.  I assume that's because of the non-align error indicator.  Now how do I de-assign the click from the hardware inputs?

BTW - I just updated to the latest Version 8.

Thanks,
Dave
In Audio Connections Manager, select Source (LHS) as Misc and Destination (Bottom) as Hardware, here you can de-assign Click from Hardware

https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ons-window

ACM is akin to a virtual audio router.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Dingo,
Sorry I'm struggling with this so much. Obviously I'm still too new to Mixbus. I was able to de-assign the click from the hardware, but now I'm not seeing any meter deflection on the track, so obviously nothing is recording. I have seen that meter deflection come & go during this process, but I'm not sure what I'm doing to lose it. I assume that if the Metronome is "on" and assigned to a track, I should always see that input.

Unrelated question: It appears that in Version 8, the "X" at the top right corner can no longer be used to close the session. Is that correct? Thx
(03-03-2023, 02:30 PM)dmcdowell48 Wrote: Dingo,
Sorry I'm struggling with this so much.  Obviously I'm still too new to Mixbus.  I was able to de-assign the click from the hardware, but now I'm not seeing any meter deflection on the track, so obviously nothing is recording.  I have seen that meter deflection come & go during this process, but I'm not sure what I'm doing to lose it.  I assume that if the Metronome is "on" and assigned to a track, I should always see that input.

A few things to understand...

Recording principles

Monitoring , Input and Disc monitoring

In the screenshot below...
Here I have created a new mono audio track called "The Count".
Then assigned the Click out to "The Count" In.
Metronome icon is on so sound will be produced.
"The Count" audio track is set to input monitoring and record armed.

Also check Preferences / Metronome and make sure Option Enable metro only when in record is not checked...

(03-03-2023, 02:30 PM)dmcdowell48 Wrote: Unrelated question:  It appears that in Version 8, the "X" at the top right corner can no longer be used to close the session.  Is that correct?  Thx

Sorry I do not fully understand this question... screen shot might help...
(03-03-2023, 02:30 PM)dmcdowell48 Wrote: Unrelated question:  It appears that in Version 8, the "X" at the top right corner can no longer be used to close the session.  Is that correct?  Thx

To close the session you can: Ctrl+Q, F4,
you can assign it as a key combination, you can also use "X".
Mixbus can bend itself.