Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C v8.2.170 update now available!
(02-15-2023, 05:02 PM)Dingo Wrote: @Holger, I am using Melodyne 5 on macOS running AU version on M1 system and all functioning normally.

sometimes I have issues with a plug-in and what helps is using a different plugin version, example vst2, vst3, AU then I hide the not working plugins in the plugin manager
one other issue that bugs is that text is not as sharp as before, I sent Harrison support screenshots. its like less clear and sharp. ia have a hi res display so I did notice right away and 8.1 looks more crisp
I actually have to downgrade to 8.2.66 once again, due to vst3 issues.
It seems like the same vst3s that weren't working for me in the previous build (basically u-he plugins) now change parameters after a session is closed and then reopened.
This means that every time I open a project I've been working on, my compressor settings are wrong (changed from what they were the last time) and my synths sound crazy.
It happens in both old and new projects.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
(02-16-2023, 08:56 AM)krans Wrote: I actually have to downgrade to 8.2.66 once again, due to vst3 issues.
It seems like the same vst3s that weren't working for me in the previous build (basically u-he plugins) now change parameters after a session is closed and then reopened.
This means that every time I open a project I've been working on, my compressor settings are wrong (changed from what they were the last time) and my synths sound crazy.

I have the same issue.
I found the problem with Melodyne:

Mixbus 8.2.66 stored the Melodyne instances like that:

Code:
<vst3 last-preset-uri="" last-preset-label="" parameter-changed-since-last-preset="1">
<Port id="0" value="0"/>
<Port id="1" value="0"/>
<Port id="2" value="1"/>
<chunk>[a lot of crap here]</chunk>
</vst3>
<Controllable name="Pitch" id="14650" flags="" value="-100" parameter="0"/>
<Controllable name="Formant" id="14652" flags="" value="-100" parameter="1"/>
<Controllable name="Volume" id="14654" flags="" value="0" parameter="2"/>
 After opening with 8.2.170 it looked like that

Code:
<vst3 last-preset-uri="" last-preset-label="" parameter-changed-since-last-preset="1">
<Port id="0" value="-100"/>
<Port id="1" value="-100"/>
<Port id="2" value="0"/>
</vst3>
<Controllable name="Pitch" id="14650" flags="" value="-100" parameter="0"/>
<Controllable name="Formant" id="14652" flags="" value="-100" parameter="1"/>
<Controllable name="Volume" id="14654" flags="" value="0" parameter="2"/>
Obviously it replaces the inial values of the three ports with the values of the Controllable while opening the project.
I guess volume 0 does mean exactly this -> no sound ;-).
And as a result, the melodyne tracks where muted in the 8.2.66 as well, when saved in 8.2.170.
If I change it to 
Code:
<Port id="0" value="0"/>
<Port id="1" value="0"/>
<Port id="2" value="1"/>
</vst3>
<Controllable name="Pitch" id="14650" flags="" value="0" parameter="0"/>
<Controllable name="Formant" id="14652" flags="" value="0" parameter="1"/>
<Controllable name="Volume" id="14654" flags="" value="1" parameter="2"/>

...sound is back again.
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Hi, 

Same problem with the ti virus from Access. 
After saving the values change and are not kept. 
And indeed if we change the values, when we know them the sound is back. 
There is a real subject that drags in time since version 7.
Is it that difficult to fix?
Regards,

Thomas

Conf : win 10, i7 7820x 3.60 GHz, 32 G ram, HD sata, rme ufx.
(02-16-2023, 09:08 AM)Yoshino Wrote:
(02-16-2023, 08:56 AM)krans Wrote: I actually have to downgrade to 8.2.66 once again, due to vst3 issues.

I have the same issue.

Could be the same problem as I described in my long post.
Parameters that are for whatever reason initialised with the corresponding "Controllable" values.
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Just tested u-he Triple Cheese VST3 on Intel build (8.2.170) and am not finding this behaviour, settings are accurately saving and re-opening for me.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Some VST3s work fine, others do not.

NG
Arturia Analog Lab V
Arturia DX7 V
Arturia SEM V2
Dexed
Reason Rack Plugin
SynthMaster 2
SynthMaster One
Tracktion F.'em
Tracktion BioTek 2
VCV Rack
Vital

OK
BBC Symphony Orchestra
DS Thorn
MelodaProduction
Noise Engineering Sinc Vereor
OB-E
Phase Plant
(02-16-2023, 05:30 PM)Dingo Wrote:

Just tested u-he Triple Cheese VST3 on Intel build (8.2.170) and am not finding this behaviour, settings are accurately saving and re-opening for me.

The plugins that definitely changed parameters for me were Presswerk, Hive and Zebra.
It's possible that the only parameters changing were the parameters I had been tweaking during the session.
So that when I tweaked compression ratio, the compression ratio is what was changed after reopening, while other parameters were left as they were.
But I'm not sure about this, I'm just certain that they did not at all come up as I left them.
Synths sounded crazy!

This is on Linux, by the way. Could be relevant.