Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sound card
I've been having latency issues and am about to buy a sound card to help solve the problem. I was wondering what sound cards everyone else is using with Mixbus.
You have to use an ASIO compatible audio device on Windows, really. 

I'm using a RME Multiface PCIe. I was using a 20+ year old PCI version until a couple years ago when someone locally was ditching a PCIe inexpensively. One of the reasons I USE Windows in the studio is the compatibility. 

You won't regret buying an RME USB (or old used PCIe) on Windows, but they ARE expensive relative to the small IO USB boxes by Focusrite and such.
Win10pro(2004) : i7 8700/RX570 8gb/16gb/970evo : RME PCIe Multiface : Mixbus 32c 4.3 & 7.2
Other DAWs: Logic 10.4 (MacBook) Cubase 10.5 (PC)
Music: https://jamielang.bandcamp.com
RME makes good gear, for sure. I had Fireface 800 for more than a decade, until I had to get rid of the FireWire connector on my computer. (Still have the original Babyface for the laptop.) My current soundcard is SSL 12, which I’m pretty happy with.
Asus PRIME X299-A • Intel Core i9-9820X 3,2 GHz • 128 GT RAM • SSL 12 UAD-2 Octo + Quad + Duo • Windows 11 • Cakewalk by Bandlab • Cubase Pro 13 • Kontakt 7 • Adobe Audition CC • Harrison Mixbus 32C • Latest UAD software