Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugs Bugs and more Bugs
(02-02-2023, 12:00 PM)Nathan@Harrison Wrote: technically Mixbus is the DAW that you don't need to use tons of plugins because it comes with built in processing.  If the plugins you "just have to have" don't work then send a crash report so we can trouble shoot further.  If you are on Windows then changing the OpenGL settings will make thing run better.  I have 3 waves plugins and they always work without fail on my M1 Mac.

Yes, and this is why I like Mixbus so much.

Fabfilter ProC2 I use for experimental issues though, means I play around and see what I can do, and once the settings are set I eventaully switch back to the onboard compressors. Today I got it to run technically, I hope it won't bug out graphically.

Yes, and the HOFA plugins, the place I learned mixing at their college, I normaly use their Analyser and their Gonometer etc... as I learnt there, I trust and like them very much... but mixbus doesn't handle them, at least on my machine... a pitty.

Yes, and I give mixbus so much credit just because what it is... I really want to make it to work smoothly.
JanS - could you contact Hofa and Fabfilter and just ask if their plugins need OpenGL (and which version?)

Waves plugins definitely need it but if the others don't, then I'm probably on the wrong track thinking it might be an OpenGL thing.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
You could use the Goniometer from Maat instead of Hofa, they work for me very smooth and good.
2023 Mac mini m2pro with 32GB RAM with audient id44mk2
(02-02-2023, 11:53 PM)johne53 Wrote: JanS - could you contact Hofa and Fabfilter and just ask if their plugins need OpenGL (and which version?)

Waves plugins definitely need it but if the others don't, then I'm probably on the wrong track thinking it might be an OpenGL thing.

Yes, the Fabfilter Compressor plugin I got it to work, the audio part... the issue was trivial... I won't even say what it was: I forgot to put the Compressor to external source for Sidechain ...

Hofa plugins it is not a graphical issue... it seems that none of them recieve audio from mixbus to process... I've tried other HOFAs, none of them work.
There have been some reports here that Hofa needs to be manually routed to get it to work in WIN.
As I stated in one of your previous threads about this, try checking the pin in/outs in your Hofa instance.
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ignal-flow
It works fine in macOS so it might just be a WIN thing
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5