Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 8.2.66 and lost plugins
Mac Apple M1 16 2022 running 12.2
With the latest Mixbus version I have installed (8.2.66) I lost some of my Plugin Alliance plugins in VST3 and sometimes VST format : cleansweep V2, Digital V3, Neold V76 and Vertigo VSC2. I'm told they are not installed on my system. I can open them in Ableton and they work ok. Re-scanned everything, after trying to re-install the plugins, with no success.
This is for a project started in V8 but can't remember which version exactly.
All plugins were installed in the original folders by PA installer.
If you are using the ARM build of mixbus then only fully M1 compatable plugins will display.
All AU plugins will work. If you want to use keep using non M1 then run the Intel build on your M1 rig
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks Dingo
Those plugins are supposed (apart from Hawkeye) to be M1 compatible, I checked on the Plug Alliance installer.
Are there major performance differences between ARM / not ARM builds on M1 machines ?
(01-07-2023, 01:25 PM)Dingo Wrote: If you are using the ARM build of mixbus then only fully M1 compatable plugins will display.
All AU plugins will work. If you want to use keep using non M1 then run the Intel build on your M1 rig

I tried the non-ARM version and there were more unsupported plugins that with M1 version. And many of them didn't cause any problem in Mixbus 7...
And the plugins scanning behaves strangely. At some point, the vst3 version of SPL Hawkeye didn't pass the validation process, then it didn't. I'm told it is not on my system and replaced by a stub but I can insert it and it works. But I lose the previous settings...
If you open a session that has stubs, and complete a rescan you then need to save and reopen the session.
Yes you can install new but the stubs need to be refreshed by save and reopen session.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(01-31-2023, 04:44 AM)Dingo Wrote: If you open a session that has stubs, and complete a rescan you then need to save and reopen the session.
Yes you can install new but the stubs need to be refreshed by save and reopen session.

That's a real pain to reinstantiate plugins that work (!) and lose the settings... + Reading other users experience, it seems I'm not the only one to feel that the plugins scanning looks like a partially random process.
(02-04-2023, 06:07 AM)Stephane Morisse Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 04:44 AM)Dingo Wrote: If you open a session that has stubs, and complete a rescan you then need to save and reopen the session.

That's a real pain to reinstantiate plugins that work (!) and lose the settings... + Reading other users experience, it seems I'm not the only one to feel that the plugins scanning looks like a partially random process.

You are not going to lose your settings and do not need to reinstate or over write your plugins.
If you do delete and replace a stub.... yes you have just thrown your data away.
The stub contains all the settings, all you need to do is rescan your plugins then save and reopen the session.

If you are running an M1 or M2 mac, then you can run both the Intel version (under Rosetta) or the ARM build (running Native).
In version8 the Intel and ARM share the same preferences folder, so if you launch ARM and do a scan of plugins then the valid plugin list will only contain ARM certified plugins.
If you launch Intel and rescan plugins then the plugin list will contain all your valid plugins.
For ARM macOS users it is best to decide what version you are going to use and stick with that until your project is finished.

If you MUST chop and change then only use ARM certified and/or AU instances of any plugin in your session.