Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugs (?) 32c V.8.2.66
It is my understanding that moving the timeline (for the purpose of lining "1" to the beginning of of your project) is broken in this version. I ran into a couple of other problems and I'm not sure if they are broken or I'm not doing something right. I can't seem to draw midi notes with the draw tool and my right-left arrows will not move the playhead.
(01-07-2023, 02:56 AM)ackack Wrote: my right-left arrows will not move the playhead.

Make sure that your Editor window is the currently active window. It's working here - but only when the Editor is currently selected.

Also, what do you mean by "lining "1" to the beginning of your project"? Do you mean 1 minute? Or 1 bar maybe?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(01-07-2023, 04:18 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(01-07-2023, 02:56 AM)ackack Wrote: my right-left arrows will not move the playhead.

Make sure that your Editor window is the currently active window. It's working here - but only when the Editor is currently selected.

Also, what do you mean by "lining "1" to the beginning of your project"? Do you mean 1 minute? Or 1 bar maybe?

Bar 1, musical time. In prior versions the timeline was able to be dragged to make bar 1 coincide with the beginning of your project. Not a huge deal for the way I work but I would still like the option. That was supposed to read "lining up" btw.
(01-07-2023, 02:56 AM)ackack Wrote: It is my understanding that moving the timeline (for the purpose of lining "1" to the beginning of of your project) is broken in this version. I ran into a couple of other problems and I'm not sure if they are broken or I'm not doing something right. I can't seem to draw midi notes with the draw tool and my right-left arrows will not move the playhead.

Hi ackack -
It is not currently possible to move the first 'meter' marker.
Harrison are working on changes to the Nutempo system which promise big improvements in tempo handling and positioning.
Apparently it is well into the development pipeline.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks for the update. As for the other issues, must be me because both are now working (moving playhead with left/right arrows and drawing midi notes.