Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashes !!
I just did a full, clean, reinstall of my i5 Windows 10 system with 32gb ram.  

I wanted a clean install of just my 3 DAWs (Mixbus32C, Pro Tools, and Reaper), then with about 200 plugiins.   Mixbus had started crashing on me since the last version and into the new update.  I've been on Mixbus32c since v.6, really want it to be my primary DAW, and move *away* from Pro Tools. 

Unfortunately, the crashes are still happening!   This is FRUSTRATING to say the least.  My other 2 DAWs just start up with no complaints.  Mixbus may finallyl start after 4 tries or so, but this isn't right.  

I'm also getting the "mixbus::connect: Invalid Source port: (mixbusSmile"  error, but that's small potatoes compared with the crashing issue, and I don't think that's even related.

It looks like a couple of modules aren't happy from the Windows system error log, and here's the info:

Faulting application name: Mixbus32C.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x63aa0c67
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x564f9f39
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000745a7
Faulting process id: 0xdc0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d91e0188951e3c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-8\bin\Mixbus32C.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: 78c06df6-18ce-4880-97ff-9149b55141ee
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: Mixbus32C.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x63aa0c67
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2130, time stamp: 0xb5ced1c6
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff6a9
Faulting process id: 0xe10
Faulting application start time: 0x01d91e01d86b88dd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Mixbus32C-8\bin\Mixbus32C.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: ca7ba436-e690-4f0c-95a1-115189995923
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone have another clue here that I can't seem to find?   Do I need new .dll files to replace those in the error report?

I have to say that I LOVE Mixbus32c.  It works well (when it runs for me), it's very intuitive, and above all else it just sounds good!  Other than the crash issue, it's done everything I've wanted and then some! 

TIA for any suggestions,
dave
Before the Windows reinstall Mixbus worked?
HD-s are SSD?
I am on win7 so no idea what win 10 can do
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
I guess you could try updating your sound card driver (assuming it's the same sound card??) Apart from that, the only thing I can suggest is to open a Windows Command Prompt and navigate to Mixbus's bin folder. Then run MB from the command line and see if gives you any error messages.

Also... do these errors occur just from launching MB or only when you try to load a session?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Before the re-install, Mixbus was still crashing the same way with the same frequency. 

Boot drive is brand new SSD, 1TB, and project storage is on a 7200 Seagate drive.

The crashes occured while a session is loading, or just at the end of the session load. 

Since posting, I re-installed the Visual C++ 2022 Redistributable package and updated my video driver.  I also uninstalled and reinstalled Mixbus 32C.  Then I took my "problem session" (after it did load) and copied it to a new folder. 

It only crashed once in mid-session, so I'm still testing it.  I also ran an optimization script to clean up Windows 10.  Will keep an eye on the error log. 

UPDATE: nothing helped, still crashing at a moments notice. There's nothing fancy about this system, and it's a new SSD and Windows 10 Pro install. Ha, maybe I should have stayed with Windows 7 ! Guess I'll test the other DAWs and see if they have the same problem.

This sure isn't looking reliable for me at the moment. I'm really sad this is happening because I love this DAW. Now it's spitting in my face ! It's eaten 2 of my projects already - they just quit opening and by the time a backup copy did, it was way behind what I'd been doing up to that point. Oh well.......
Are you trying to open the same project each time ? Could your project be corrupt ? Perhaps contact support … mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(01-01-2023, 04:09 PM)Dingo Wrote: Are you trying to open the same project each time ? Could your project be corrupt ? Perhaps contact support … mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com

Yes I am.  There's nothing else going on, so how the project is getting corrupt all by itself is my big question (if that's the case) ?? 

I'll try setting up a new one from scratch and not try to open an older one (but done with the same v8 before reinstalling everything.  I don't get any messages about corrupt plugins, either.

I'm sending the error logs to support to see if they come up with anything, thanks !
You might want to send the .ardour file from session that is corrupt as well.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
SOLVED!

Thanks to Ben @ Harrison for the suggestions as well as you guys.

I use a MIDAS F32 console and a TI Firewire card in my computer. The TI driver was apparently a problem, so I switched to the "OHCI Legacy" driver. Things boot the first time now. I also ran System File Checker and it also fixed a couple of files.

Now I'm getting back to work. Appreciate all !!