Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
already running error
When wanting a new project and clicking on the MB icon got a message  (V8.2.66) that "MB is  alredy runing",
 though it is not, as seen in the task manager

What may have triggered this popup?

thanks
Tassy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Had you maybe just closed it and then started it again before it got a chance to fully close?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
I do not know
Never got a message like that,
OK and opening anain ad again did not work
restarting windows solved it
I reported it to take care of such things in future fixes.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Thanks Caberto

I will do it if next happens

Happy New Year
Tassy
Hi Tassy - are you still running on Windows 7 or was this in Win11?

I did a bit more reading here and it turns out that if an OS supports multiple desktops (as Win11 now does) and an app is running in one desktop, it can still be detected on a different desktop - even if it's not physically visible there.

The same thing applies if you've multiple user accounts - i.e. if 2 x users are logged in, and one user account is running the app, the other account will detect it as running, even if it isn't running in that user's account.

Maybe this is more complicated than the developers realised  Dodgy  Blush
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
I am on win7 and do not want to "upgrade"Smile
This behavior happens often on win10 with 32c 7.current quite often. Mixbus closes (or crashes) but is "still running" for about 2-5 more minutes, task manager cannot close it. Only solutions are to restart windows or wait a few minutes.
And crashes may also happen by very fast hitting different commands, or fast hitting close after stop play
I always forget that the machne and software may need more time to finish a task than I hit a key