Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mixbus::connect: Invalid Source port
I have unsuccessfully been trying to find an explanation for the error "mixbus::connect: Invalid Source port: (mixbus:)". I started Mixbus and created a new Empty Template session and have not added any tracks, etc. I'm not 100% certain but I believe that this started happening when I updated Mixbus to version 8.2.66. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It happens with other versions and we had a thread about it
if MB runs well, this error message can be neglected
I always do
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Thanks for the response, fortunately there does not seem to be any noticeable problems. Hopefully they fix it soon.
I didn't have this problem in 8.1 but after 8.2 update I get this error message. It's harmless but just a bit of a pain to dismiss the red dot.  I can't find the old thread Tassy refers to, is there a fix there? Why causes it?
 Windows 11, Lenovo Legion 5 pro, Mixbus 32c 9.2, Focusrite 18i20
(12-31-2022, 05:23 PM)mattjmail2003 Wrote: I didn't have this problem in 8.1 but after 8.2 update I get this error message. It's harmless but just a bit of a pain to dismiss the red dot.  I can't find the old thread Tassy refers to, is there a fix there? Why causes it?

I could not find the thread he referred to either. I have no idea what causes it, and it would be nice if they would fix it. It may not cause a problem, but always having to check why there is an error is kind of annoying.
Yeah I'd sure like to know, too.

I get this annoying message just starting a fresh session. I never got it before this last update. My system is crashing more since that update, too (another thread).
The cause of this is an unset "default-trigger-input-port" (Preferences > Triggering > Default trigger input)
You can safely ignore that error or pick some dummy port in the preferences (meanwhile fixed in 8.2.98 or later).
(01-01-2023, 10:32 PM)x42 Wrote: The cause of this is an unset  "default-trigger-input-port" (Preferences > Triggering > Default trigger input)
You can safely ignore that error or pick some dummy port in the preferences (meanwhile fixed in 8.2.98 or later).

Would love to get hands on such versions!
 Heck, I would love to see lists of what the difference between 8.2.66 and 8.2.67..68..69..etc are Smile
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
(01-01-2023, 10:32 PM)x42 Wrote: The cause of this is an unset  "default-trigger-input-port" (Preferences > Triggering > Default trigger input)

Hmmmm ....... that doesn't show up on Preferences -> Triggering on my 8.2.66 version,  I just get "Clip Library." 

Is there a config file somewhere I can edit ?
I also only found the "Clip Library". I tried searching for it in MB and also the manual and could not find it anywhere.