Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVA de esser in Cubase
Is anyone using the AVA de-esser in Cubase ? 

For those who are not familiar on how Cubase tracks works is very similiar to other DAWs, you choose to use mono tracks , Stereo tracks , MIDI  etc.
For most cases i tend to use stereo tracks even when using mono sources, this is because converting a track from mono to stereo and vice verse is a bit tricky in Cubase.  Sometimes i use mono sources with stereo chorus and some stereo inserts to wide a bit the instrument / vocal, for that reason i use mostly stereo tracks for everything. The problem is , if i use the AVA de-esser on a stereo track i have a lot of phase problems. Sounds to me that that the De-esser cannot work on stereo tracks.
Would it be possible that this plugin could be used on stereo tracks ?

Thanks
@pepe44 - AVA De-Esser is a mono plugin - like Bass Flow and Vocal flow it is designed to used across a single mono source.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Hi Dingo thanks for your reply.
I mentioned the reason why i tend to use stereo tracks. If this plugin is not stereo capable its useless for me.
I know of some other users that just dont use it because of this problem. I own some other de-essers like the weiss, 902, for example and they are ok with stereo tracks..even for mastering makes sense using a stereo de-esser sometimes. Its worth for a company to follow up with many possibilities i think.
@pepe44, I may have mislead you a bit about de-esser... it is a mono plugin, however in Mixbus with AU and VST if placed onto a stereo track it will create two instances.
This basically means you have two de-essers both linked with common controls.
In Pro Tools it is used as a multi mono plugin, however the AAX version allows you to unlink left and right to have two seperate controls.
Never used Cubase so not at all sure if it can do what Mixbus and Protools do.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
That is great info, thanks. The way Cubase works might not work like that, not entirely sure..
when i insert AVA de-esser in a stereo track i get some phasing, completely wrong.
I looked into the routing editor in stereo track (Cubase feature) and seems like like it processes only one channel.