Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waves plug ins missing in 32C
Hello. It's been quite a while since I've been around here. Mostly due to me just not having much time for music lately. However there's a chance I might have some more time in the future. So I've been updating software getting things ready to go. And I haven't been totally absent from using mixbus. Just not near like I used to. Anyway I just opened an older session and realize that my Waves plugins aren't showing. I'll admit I don't use them a lot, but there are a few I like. Not sure exactly when or why they disappeared from mixbus. I do have a couple of other daws on my machine and they seem to work fine there. A year or so ago I built a new PC, and it's a beast. I did upgrade it to windows 11. So that could be part of the problem. I have downloaded the newest version of 32C. 8.1.378. I have used Waves Central to delete and reinstall the plugins. Nothing. And they may not have worked since I built this machine. But I know they used to work fine. On my old rig. Which had windows 10, and not sure which version of Mixbus I had at the time. But I always try to run the most up to date version. Anyway let me know if anyone has any tips or tricks. I did do some searching around the forum, and didn't see anyone else having these problems recently. Thanks in advance.
Okay. So maybe I should have tried a little harder to figure this out before posting. But I'm going to respond and leave this here just in case someone else ends up in a similar boat. I got to looking closer and it appears it has something to do with VST2 version of waves. In the plugin manager the VST3 waveshells showed okay, but the VST2 ones showed an error. So I moved the VST waveshells to my desktop and reran the scan. And now they all show up. And afaik the other daws use vst3 just fine. So I should be okay. I'll report back if something changes.
Hi Matt,
there have been a number of changes in Mixbus relating to Plugins...
With VST3 support there is now an option in the Plugins area of Preferences that allows you to 'hide' or ignore VST if there is a VST3 alternate.

https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ces-window

Also you might also want to clear your VST cache and Ignore lists and do a full plugin re-scan.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5