Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny net intervention
It has never happened before in any erlier versions, not in V6 either
Now for some days:
V6 opening window is geting wider and a note appears in the appdata/../mixbus6 folder.
What is it? What writes this "announcement.." there again even after deleting? virus? It was not in any such folders in the past decades
Don't want to see it all the time I open a session. 
what the earth is it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9pfo3ucnabr4r...-.mp4?dl=0
thanks
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
Tassy, that is the splash screen notifying you that there is an update available.
As far as I know it has been with us since v3 pnwards
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Yes, only a notifying note upwards the box, and there was not any animation of widening its window and there was not any file appearing in the mixbus hidden folder as seen on my video. After deleting it, it gets there again when V6 is opened next time.
If it had been this animated notice and an appearing file about it in the mixbus6 library for years why I never saw it happen?
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
I noticed that in MB 32C V7 on Linux too. Just surmised it is because the V8 upgrade notice is wider than the window so the window widens to accommodate it. No big deal, I thought it kinda clever actually and it doesn't impede any functionality.
Maybe is there a setting to not check for updates on startup? I can't be bothered looking right now.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

Yes, no big deal just funny to have someting that appears from thin air in a version I have been using for years without this happening.