Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot initialize session/engine
I got this msg after trying to reopen a session, anybody know of a way to reopen this project?

Cannot initialize session/engine: Unexpected exception during session setup, possibly invalid audio/midi engine parameters. Please see stdout/stderr for details

---ERROR: Unexpected exception during session setup: mismatched flags in int62_t

Im on windows 11 running Mixbus 32c 8.1

Thanks
Try an earlier verson (v6, v7) whether you get the same message.
JUst to see whether it is a V8 issue or something else
Create a new project in V8, set audio engine which had worked (if allowed)
Save. Try to open the problemetic session what happens?

Some issues on my system was solved by brand the new project audio setup that offers offers the audio setup window and there can be found which is working.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(07-23-2022, 02:02 PM)Gunnar Wrote: I got this msg after trying to reopen a session, anybody know of a way to reopen this project?

Cannot initialize session/engine: Unexpected exception during session setup, possibly invalid audio/midi engine parameters. Please see stdout/stderr for details

---ERROR: Unexpected exception during session setup: mismatched flags in int62_t

Im on windows 11 running Mixbus 32c 8.1

Thanks

Does the session open okay after a re-boot? If so, the most likely reason is that the engine - i.e. Jack or Portaudio (whichever one you selected) didn't get properly released for some reason when you last closed the session.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!