Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plugin scan
In the latest V8.1 32C the plugin scan is quite different as used to be.
before: if some new plugin (VST) was installed , scaning was fast and could be seen MB is scaning, showing only the new  plugs
Now: even if no new  plugin had been installed scanning last long sice MB is rescaning all the plugins again. What for? They are there and working.

The old version was much better. because short and recognition of the new plugin was seen in the scaning window
PLease get it back
Thanks
Tassy
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ger-window

If you add a new VST etc go to Window / Plugin Manager and use "Discover New/Updated" to scan for new plugins rather than doing a full rescan.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
It seems pretty quick here (no slower than usual)

Are all your plugins taking a long time or is it maybe finding plugins now that it can't scan? My Scan Timeout is set to 15 secs here.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Scan is fast but I have a lot plugs so takes a lot time for only the single new one.
in V6 it was some seconds to find the new ones and neglected all the rest.
I did not know this "Window / Plugin Manager and use "Discover New/Updated" option
It was not neded before to find only the new ones. Or this was the default?
When choosing it MB is scanning all the universe so the same, not only the new.

This plugin manager window, that also comes up after the scan, is full of errors that do not exist since the plugs work.
It has been full of "errors" ever since this box  was introduced

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
@Tassy,

If you select one of those items in the list, you should get more details about the scan for that plugin.

If the message says "cannot find vst info for....", the most common problem is that your search path includes the folders of your older 32bit plugins. We don't bridge old 32bit plugins to work on 64bit Mixbus.
Thanks Ben

I have some 32bit VST converted by JBrigher. Work great. I have not thought of that must be the ones that MB says "error"
The "all the plugins" scan instead of just the new ones may have a peep into.